toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Winner Russ... thumb.gif
    Rags
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Best. Title. Ever.

I do wish that the three elements (child reading, cat, and gorilla) were not all clumped up in the middle-- but I also understand that you takes what you can gets.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Fun. I just wish the cat was either paying attention to the gorilla, or at least turning it's head in the direction of either the child or gorilla.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Thanks, BD. So do I, and so did I when I shot it. The cat came across that floor on little cat feet -- a step at a time. At one point he was looking toward the kid, but there was a problem with that shot. Don't remember exactly what it was. I shot three or four frames and this was the best. Finally the kid saw me and the game was up.
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Family Fun Night. rolleyes1.gif

Cute.

• Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    I love this, it's a great lesson in composition I think. I agree with B.D. on the gorilla to cat eye contact or at least some sort of eye contact among the subjects here, but the image still says a lot without it.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited January 6, 2012
    I agree that it's a cute scene. It would have profited from a lower shooting angle--kids and animals usually do--but that probably would have tipped your hand. Fun in any event.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    I agree that it's a cute scene. It would have profited from a lower shooting angle--kids and animals usually do--but that probably would have tipped your hand. Fun in any event.

15524779-Ti.gif lower perspective
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Yes, lower perspective would have been nice, but there were two problems with that: (1) the kid would have seen me right away, and (2) the cat would pretty much have been out of the picture. It could have been better, but as Mark said, you get what you can get.
  • Options
    IslandcrowIslandcrow Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    Love it. The gorrilla is perfect. The way it's positioned I can almost hear it thinking in it's stuffed animal brain, "are we done here yet? I'm bored."
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Fun. I just wish the cat was either paying attention to the gorilla, or at least turning it's head in the direction of either the child or gorilla.

+1 Was just going to comment on the same.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed