Options

Recommend a Logo Design Company?

ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
edited January 11, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
I've been playing around with the idea of changing my logo. Although I feel like I am a creative person and perfectly computer literate enough to do it, I'm starting to feel like I'd like it more if I didn't have to do it.

So....

Please recommend the logo design company that you have worked with. I've checked out a couple on Etsy as well as a couple bigger design firms and am feeling lost as to where to go for someone reputable that isn't going to just give me a cookie cutter design.
Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 10, 2011
    Not sure why you feel the need to change your current branding. It's quite nice.

• Options
    stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2011
    I will recommend both of these company's. The first company did my logo (was a quick 5 minute free for a friend job) that I really liked. No adjustments needed for my needs and I went with it. Click my link to view it. I get compliments from print shops, clients, etc. all the time about really liking it. The next company I have done collaborative work with on projects in the past.

http://the-home-team.org/

http://www.piqtu.com/

I know both the owner's personally so just let them know Jon from TN referred you :)
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2011
    Angelo wrote: »
    Not sure why you feel the need to change your current branding. It's quite nice.

Thanks, Angelo. My husband likes it and doesn't want me to change, but I do love looking at other photog logos and seem to always be pondering a change. So I'm more asking for curiosity sake. Because, in the end, my better half always has final say. :D
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2011
    Mine was through http://imagegardendesign.com. I get compliments on it all the time and I LOVE it. Joell was great to work with.
  • Options
    kd2kd2 Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    I will recommend both of these company's. The first company did my logo (was a quick 5 minute free for a friend job) that I really liked. No adjustments needed for my needs and I went with it. Click my link to view it. I get compliments from print shops, clients, etc. all the time about really liking it. The next company I have done collaborative work with on projects in the past.

http://the-home-team.org/

http://www.piqtu.com/

I know both the owner's personally so just let them know Jon from TN referred you :)

Yours is a really cool design! I took a minute to study it and take it all in, and I think it's very unique!!
    ~Kathy
    Success Coach, Motivational Speaker, Professional Photographer
    "Enriching Lives through Images and Inspiration"
    www.kathleendavenport.com

• Options
    JoiJoiJoiJoi Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    My Husband is a graphic designer and could freshen it up for you. If you wish, pm me and i can send you his portfolio..

Joi Cohen-Haroun
  • Options
    HopeCopelandPhotogHopeCopelandPhotog Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 24, 2011
    I couldn't go past Tiffany from On The Spot Studio.
    She's AMAZING!!!
  • Options
    stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2011
    kd2 wrote: »
    Yours is a really cool design! I took a minute to study it and take it all in, and I think it's very unique!!

Thank you.
  • Options
    rt2photort2photo Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2011
    I couldn't go past Tiffany from On The Spot Studio.
    She's AMAZING!!!

Thanks for posting this, I love her work and have emailed her - I've been staring at logo designer websites for a while now, and nothing has inspired me until I saw Tiffany's page!
  • Options
    EdBeckEdBeck Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    Help please: Logo source recommendation?
    I'm designing a logo and am looking for some stock art that I could use. I found something that I liked and was about to buy the rights when I read the fine print: the art could not be used in a logo.

I've been searching the web but have not found a place that offers art I like and will let me use it in a logo. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Ed
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2011
    Honestly... I would never use stock art in a logo. A logo is something you want to be unique. I'd recommend to think of what you want represented and get someone to make it for you.
    I have seen so many stock art that I can most of the time spot them in people logo's and it really is kind of cheap...

just my .002 c

Joi Cohen-Haroun
  • Options
    EdBeckEdBeck Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2011
    that makes sense. what i'm after is a sillhouette of a photographer in action. i can get a model and shoot that myself. thanks
  • Options
    shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2011
    Give www.99designs.com a try. It's a great concept where you run a logo contest and lots of designers put forth their ideas. The contest runs for 7 days and in the end you can pick the one you like the most. They then send the full resolution design files to you.

Cheers,
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2011
    EdBeck wrote: »
    that makes sense. what i'm after is a sillhouette of a photographer in action. i can get a model and shoot that myself. thanks

there you go :) illustrator has a nice live trace option to turn pic in vector:)

Joi Cohen-Haroun
  • Options
    deelybugdeelybug Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    I will suggest who NOT to use. http://www.marvellogodesigns.com/ They provided six designs (all mediocre and not based on the info I had provided). When I chose the one I felt was the best of the bunch, they ignored my emails for nearly two weeks until I threatened reporting them for fraud. I did a search on-line and found I was not the only one who experienced this. They eventually sent me the file which I ended up modifying myself in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. I guess what I am saying here is if you go for one of these on-line logo services that are "cheap", do some research first before you give them your money.
    Jacqueline
  • Options
    rt2photort2photo Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    rt2photo wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this, I love her work and have emailed her - I've been staring at logo designer websites for a while now, and nothing has inspired me until I saw Tiffany's page!

Just to follow up on this one - I did go with Tiffany, and she was awesome.