Options

The World So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited January 12, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited January 10, 2012
    Fun one, and with a self-portrait bonus mwink.gif. I'm not sure you need so much space at the left, but then, I like tight crops.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    Ha! great grab... thumb.gif
    Rags
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    Fun one, and with a self-portrait bonus mwink.gif. I'm not sure you need so much space at the left, but then, I like tight crops.

For me it did not work with a tight crop, of course I tried :D

Also since, yeah yeah it's an SP, I felt an uncropped presentation clearly show how close is "close enough" at least in this shot. I should of knelt down however I think.

All that aside I'm glad I got this fellow in that light.
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    bfjr wrote: »
    For me it did not work with a tight crop, of course I tried :D

Also since, yeah yeah it's an SP, I felt an uncropped presentation clearly show how close is "close enough" at least in this shot. I should of knelt down however I think.

All that aside I'm glad I got this fellow in that light.

The hat and shades plus the salt & pepper beard are just wild and crazy .
    I think the hat and shades,beard,and the light hitting his face along with a some of the reflection from the back of his hat just might look pretty darn cool in B/W and it might still be enough to make a cool image although it would be a pretty tight crop . Do you think their is enough ?
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    Fine shot Ben. The position of the hands tops it off. And I agree with you that that empty space has to be there on the left. A sense of place usually is important in s....t p.........y. The reflection of people (yourself included) and the line in the street put the guy in the real world.
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2012
    torags wrote: »
    Ha! great grab... thumb.gif
    lensmole wrote: »
    The hat and shades plus the salt & pepper beard are just wild and crazy .
    I think the hat and shades,beard,and the light hitting his face along with a some of the reflection from the back of his hat just might look pretty darn cool in B/W and it might still be enough to make a cool image although it would be a pretty tight crop . Do you think their is enough ?
    RSL wrote: »
    Fine shot Ben. The position of the hands tops it off. And I agree with you that that empty space has to be there on the left. A sense of place usually is important in s....t p.........y. The reflection of people (yourself included) and the line in the street put the guy in the real world.

Thanks
    I'd did a B&W version, it looks OK but this speaks to me in color, however.