Soft Curves

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited January 12, 2012 in Go Figure
Shot with two gridded strip boxes, one to each side of model. Boxes were slight forward of model and pointing towards BG to feather light onto model.

00012-Edit-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• VincehVinceh Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited September 6, 2011
    Just awesome.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2011
    This is nice cuban.
    Really like the pose, accentuates your attractive model's curves.
    I like that you kept the lighting subtle and left the play of light and shadow intact. Lighting looks perfect to me.

Hard to tell on this monitor so may be wrong...looks like maybe some of the sharpness in the hair was lost. Maybe select that before smoothing the skin. You can get away with a lot of skin smoothing in a shot like this but try retain some sharpness in the hair.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Very nice, Alex!
    I'd recommend a little less tension on her (supporting) left arm, but nice anyway! clap.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Nik... thanks. I noticed the stiff arm so I had her shift off it. I still like this pose though. I love the subtle curves in her back and how I also got this one. Off the arm here. Like the angles her arms create.

00017-Edit-X2.jpg
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2011
    Nik... thanks. I noticed the stiff arm so I had her shift off it. I still like this pose though. I love the subtle curves in her back and how I also got this one. Off the arm here. Like the angles her arms create.
    Yup! thumb.gif
    If you want the original curve without the stiff arm you have to switch to "imposes" (tm) - "impossible poses" - the ones that are impossible to hold any longer than a split second or at all; they can only be "caught" in action, like so:

592537842_jVsAv-XL.jpg

(model: Anais)

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2011
    ha...good luck getting your "model" to let you post that shot on here :).

Nik, Like that pose and the light.

Alex I think your original pose might look cool taken straight from the back with kind of an egyptian hands pose where the arms are straight over head with the palms together with just a bit of curve in the back....head tilted just slightly back so the hair is loooong. Just an idea, I like both of the shots you posted already.
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2011
    Wow, Those are Amazing, just Wow! :-)
    Canon Fan
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2011
    Wow, Those are Amazing, just Wow! :-)

I was just about to say that!!! Beautiful capture of one of God's most artistic creations. Well done!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2011
    great light and texture on this.
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2011
    I like the second one more.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • PhotoGUY123PhotoGUY123 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2011
    I looked at the second one initially and thought it was good. Upon my second look, I the right shoulder is catching enough of the light to be a distraction to me. A thought I had is to adjust the lighting down so it either falls across the model or falls mostly onto the background to create more of a silhouette. Just wome thoughts I had on looking at the second image. I agree, the first with the stiff arm is good...needs slight movement of the model. Though, not sure about going the "imposs" one second pose though...unless model is very athletic and you have lots of room for her to move several times into those poses/dances.
  • HelioHelio Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Shot with two gridded strip boxes, one to each side of model. Boxes were slight forward of model and pointing towards BG to feather light onto model.

00012-Edit-X2.jpg

Great use of lighting to accent natural body lines. Beautiful work.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2012
    Just one word: Gorgeous!! iloveyou.gif