Options

Photobooth setup for Sisters wedding

ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited January 14, 2012 in Finishing School
I read through some of the other threads related to a photobooth style setup. I am not a paid photographer for this wedding as it is my sisters, but she asked if I'd be willing to run a small station for people to get some pictures done. I am going to run by her some ideas from the other threads I found here. But in case she wants the classic photobooth style strip prints, what sort of software is available to do that?

Wedding funds will be covering any equipment and material costs, and I'm not looking to charge or anything as it's for family.

We don't need professional quality prints, so we'll just bring an everyday inkjet I think. I will have a D7000 by this time, so I should be able to shoot tethered to my Windows laptop, which will have LR3 and most likely LR4 by that time. However I doubt Lightroom is the software to use for this.

Primarily, I am looking for software that will capture my shots, and either very quickly let me throw them into a template and print, or even if it does it automatically would be better. I am hoping there is a software solution for this vs renting or buying some more expensive equipment.

We will probably just have a backdrop with a couple cheap strobes/softboxes for lighting, and a few props, it won't be an enclosed booth to my knowledge.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    Don't know why LR wouldn't do you just fine.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    I am fairly inexperienced with it's printing capabilities, I should look into that more. We'd likely be throwing 2-3 images on a 4x6 type setup, then use the higher res ones up on my site.
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2012
    ZBlack wrote: »
    I should look into that more.

Yes. Yes, you should.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2012
    TAKE A LOOK AT THIS....just $59 after trial .... http://sparkbooth.com/

might be expensive to rent...but OPEN AIR PHOTOBOOTHS has offices all across the US including Oregon ..
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2012
    Icebear wrote: »
    Yes. Yes, you should.

Looking good there John....but the D4...I..I was counting on it~
    tom wise