Options

My first attempt at "high fashion". Feedback and critique welcomed!

ChaoslillithChaoslillith Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
edited January 16, 2012 in People
Hello all, this was my first attempt at posting and shooting high fashion style. I have to say right off that both my models were wonderful, they are both new to modeling and so was the MUA this was her first real glam look. Everyone performed beautifully and we are all happy with the shots. However there is always room to improve. These were all shot on location with just my camera, on camera flash and a reflector.

Please provide any critique for posing or composition of the photo or even how to tweak them better in post. Thank you!

i-BTfDZX9-M.jpg

i-kCwrVq6-M.jpg

i-MrkWG7s-M.jpg

i-XfxTTQ3-M.jpg

i-bHt5kpv-M.jpg

i-DCjKxLk-M.jpg

i-dTc46jd-M.jpg

i-mc9B833-M.jpg

Thank you!
Photography teaches us to observe again. Me.
I am in AZ and would love to meet others from Phoenix.

Comments

• Options
    nickrosephotographynickrosephotography Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 11, 2012
    A great start here. I'm not a fashion photographer but the 2nd shot for me is the strongest. A couple of awkward poses like the first one (left foot position not great for me). They're all well lit and technically pretty good - I'm not a fan of the composition on the last one (cut off at the ankles), and the 5th (cut halfway through the feet) but a great overall effort.
    Nick
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    some good stuff here. your lady model does decent job of posing..lots of angles and such. the dude is too static compared to her..no energy in his poses. I like the 1st 4 better then the last 4.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    Agree on the static posing of the young man. Great ideas here and the colors pop. Great job.
  • Options
    ChaoslillithChaoslillith Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2012
    I actually posed both of them so any failure on his part would be because of me. I find posing men complicated but I am working on it. Thanks for pointing that out. I was looking for male model poses and it's hard to find something high fashion for men. Women are posed all kinds of crazy ways but men seem pretty stuck. Any ideas on how to post him differently?

Thanks for the compliments.
    Photography teaches us to observe again. Me.
    I am in AZ and would love to meet others from Phoenix.
  • Options
    dahn8dahn8 Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2012
    I actually posed both of them so any failure on his part would be because of me. I find posing men complicated but I am working on it. Thanks for pointing that out. I was looking for male model poses and it's hard to find something high fashion for men. Women are posed all kinds of crazy ways but men seem pretty stuck. Any ideas on how to post him differently?

Thanks for the compliments.

While I'm not a fashion photographer by any means, but I'm sure if you look at magazines like GQ or look at catalogs for J Crew or whatever, you'll find some good examples and ideas there to serves as a jumping board :)

As for the pictures, they're nice. I agree with pretty much was already said so I won't repeat it :) but keep at it :)