Options

Ahhh

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited January 18, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    The image doesn't anchor me very well , IMO the faint line and the brightness at the top of image is too dominant.
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    The image doesn't anchor me very well , IMO the faint line and the brightness at the top of image is too dominant.

Really ! I get anchored on that shoulder and the cuddles creature below rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    bfjr wrote: »
    Really ! I get anchored on that shoulder and the cuddles creature below rolleyes1.gif

In that case, why not crop from the shoulder down and get rid of the bright area? I did a test by scrolling the image partially off the window and I think it does work.
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2012
    richardman wrote: »
    In that case, why not crop from the shoulder down and get rid of the bright area? I did a test by scrolling the image partially off the window and I think it does work.

To me the brightness is part of it.
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    Yes the right shoulder mwink.gif but the cute little eyes of the dog should dominate the image IMO.
    Maybe if the extreme right hand side of the image was cropped just on the left hand side of the column, and the back of the van.This would improve the image by getting rid of the majority of the faint horizontal line and large part of the brightness, it would give more dominance to the bold cross walk line and help with the composition, and at the same time it would keep some of the brightness as part of the image.
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    bfjr wrote: »

Which one is the cuddles creature? :D
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    Yes the right shoulder mwink.gif but the cute little eyes of the dog should dominate the image IMO.
    Maybe if the extreme right hand side of the image was cropped just on the left hand side of the column, and the back of the van.This would improve the image by getting rid of the majority of the faint horizontal line and large part of the brightness, it would give more dominance to the bold cross walk line and help with the composition, and at the same time it would keep some of the brightness as part of the image.

Thanks, I'll take a closer look at it again,
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2012
    RSL wrote: »
    Which one is the cuddles creature? :D

That would be a personal choice by the viewer :D