Spring is here

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited October 3, 2005 in Wildlife
Well it was a beautiful 30c (85f) today anyway so i guess we missed most of it.

Eastern Water Dragon

38301219-M.jpg

38301700-M.jpg

38304855-M.jpg

Water hens nesting everywhere.

38304991-M.jpg

Comments

• GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    DOH"
    I just realized when I saw "SPRING is here" that you hafta be in the Land Down Under.
    You scared me for a min......thought maybe you had too many beers! :booze :lol4
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    The bokeh on that second shot is suuweeeetthumb.gif

It was only 25 here today. So glad to be rid of winter. Although it only got to 17 last wednesday:uhoh Which was not good for the lambies around here..

Love your lizard he looks mad at you Gus. Isn't Oz great? I wouldn't live anywhere elsethumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    Do you know what flower it is in the second shot? I looks great.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    The bokeh on that second shot is suuweeeetthumb.gif

It was only 25 here today. So glad to be rid of winter. Although it only got to 17 last wednesday:uhoh Which was not good for the lambies around here..

Love your lizard he looks mad at you Gus. Isn't Oz great? I wouldn't live anywhere elsethumb.gif
    Tks RM...thats the bokeh from the bokeh king...the 135 f/2. Point & shoot to get it...its that easy. My 400 prime is away getting fixed so im stuck on 135mm. He actually challenged us for a fight for several mins & then charged only to run under the tripod & chase another big male behind me.

Got to be carefull...to a lizard your leg can look like a tree.
    edited October 2, 2005
    Do you know what flower it is in the second shot? I looks great.
    No idea ted...sorry ne_nau.gif
  • RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    Nice captures Humungous. I especially like the 2nd one, nice DOF thumb.gif
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    Nice captures Gus. I like the flowers the best. Best composition IMO. The lizard is cool..but I feel it's cropped a bit too tight (especially in front/face side). I'd like to see a little space in front for the lizard to look into. Just me .05 worth of input.

I'm afraid we've got you beat in the temperature department. It was 93* the other day and 90* yesterday. Expecting a high of 89* (cold front :D ) with humidity around 70%. Ahhhh it's still summer here in Florida/US. We've got lots of deadly animals here also.....but you can have that title. :uhoh thumb.gif

Cheers

MM
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    Excellent shots Gus. clap.gif Your water hens are called morehens in Florida.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
    edited October 2, 2005
    Rohirrim wrote:
    Nice captures Humungous. I especially like the 2nd one, nice DOF thumb.gif
    Tks RH..its my favorite lens.
    edited October 2, 2005
    Nice captures Gus. I like the flowers the best. Best composition IMO. The lizard is cool..but I feel it's cropped a bit too tight (especially in front/face side). I'd like to see a little space in front for the lizard to look into. Just me .05 worth of input.

I'm afraid we've got you beat in the temperature department. It was 93* the other day and 90* yesterday. Expecting a high of 89* (cold front :D ) with humidity around 70%. Ahhhh it's still summer here in Florida/US. We've got lots of deadly animals here also.....but you can have that title. :uhoh thumb.gif

Cheers

MM
    Yep...there was dark shadow straight in front...sometimes we have to comp. I turned my new air-cond on yesterday that was in the place when i moved in & it didnt work umph.gif Last year we hit 107f mid summer so i will def have to fix it this week.
    edited October 2, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Excellent shots Gus. clap.gif Your water hens are called morehens in Florida.
    Thanks harry...i just wanted some nikon 'blue'.
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    Nice set Gus, love the detail in the Dragon.
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    Great set Gus, how big are the dragons? when you said he charged at you could he hurt you?

Every time I see posts from Oz I realise how boring Irish wildlife is. They don't deserve the prefix "wild"mwink.gif

Shay.
    edited October 3, 2005
    Seamus wrote:
    Great set Gus, how big are the dragons? when you said he charged at you could he hurt you?

Every time I see posts from Oz I realise how boring Irish wildlife is. They don't deserve the prefix "wild"mwink.gif

Shay.
    Thanks greaper & seamus. He was a biggie..about a meter (3 feet) from nose to tip. No they wouldnt hurt you but its spring & they are fearcely territorial to other male dragons & the other one was behind us. They have a (cant see it here) a big patch of skin worn off under their chin from banging it on the ground as a threat to other males.

If you grabbed one he would certainly bite you.