Options

Epson R200 borderless print problem

mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
edited October 2, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
I'm having issues printing borderless on my R200. The printer is printing 5/16" an inch too soon. So part of the image is gone, and the last part of the paper is a 5/16" white border. I'm trying to do 4x6 prints.

I'm using the "borderless sheet feeder" option and doing everything else according to the instructions. Max OS-X 10.3.3, happens in Preview and in Photoshop CS.

Thanks, Bill.
Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
A former sports shooter
Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Comments

• Options
    stancstanc Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 20, 2005
    R200 Print Trub
    Hi Bill,
    I have just joined the forum to try to sort out exacly the same problem.
    Did you get any solutions?

Thanks,

Stanc.
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2005
    Did you install the driver from Epson or use the built in OS X drivers? I don't have that printer, but with my Epson printers I always have better luck installing the Epson driver. I don't print a lot of borderless either, so I can't help there. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    stanc wrote:
    Hi Bill,
    I have just joined the forum to try to sort out exacly the same problem.
    Did you get any solutions?
    Since I originally posted my question I have had to buy another R200 (I litereally wore the other one out). I believe it has a newer driver and everything is now working, though it is a little tricky. Why is printing so difficult?

On Mac OS-X I have to add the printer twice. Once as a standard printer, and again as a borderless printer. It appears they use different drivers. Then when you go to print, you do a Printer Setup on the borderless printer and select the appropriate paper size, such as 4x6. Then go to print. If you are printing from within Photoshop, simply make the canvas/image size the same as the paper size. If you are printing from within iPhoto, select either a standard print the same as your paper, or choose to print full page.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    ExposeTheMomentExposeTheMoment Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    Epson Print Driver
    mercphoto wrote:
    Since I originally posted my question I have had to buy another R200 (I litereally wore the other one out). I believe it has a newer driver and everything is now working, though it is a little tricky. Why is printing so difficult?

On Mac OS-X I have to add the printer twice. Once as a standard printer, and again as a borderless printer. It appears they use different drivers. Then when you go to print, you do a Printer Setup on the borderless printer and select the appropriate paper size, such as 4x6. Then go to print. If you are printing from within Photoshop, simply make the canvas/image size the same as the paper size. If you are printing from within iPhoto, select either a standard print the same as your paper, or choose to print full page.
    I use the Epson print program that comes on the CD. I forget what the actual name is.

Gary
    Gary Harfield
    Owner/Photographer
    Expose The Moment

Had a list of gear, now its to long, so lets say I have 2 bags and 15,000 worth of stuff.
  • Options
    BillCunninghamBillCunningham Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 2, 2005
    mercphoto wrote:
    I'm having issues printing borderless on my R200. The printer is printing 5/16" an inch too soon. So part of the image is gone, and the last part of the paper is a 5/16" white border. I'm trying to do 4x6 prints.

I'm using the "borderless sheet feeder" option and doing everything else according to the instructions. Max OS-X 10.3.3, happens in Preview and in Photoshop CS.

Thanks, Bill.

Hello, well you probably well beyond this. When I first tried to print borderless I had a margin. Seems you have to set the print for photo paper in order to make the borderless work. I don't understand why this is. Seems like borderless ought to work for just plain paper setting.