Options

School is out

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited January 23, 2012 in Street and Documentary
This is a small school building (3 classrooms) next to an old textile mill. It was build in the early 50's by the factory. The children from the workers enjoyed free classes. It was abandoned about 10 years ago.
Meanwhile the roof came down.
DSC9497-XL.jpg

DSC9508-XL.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2012
    Somebody skipped latrine duty. Boy are they in for big trouble! :hide

More great finds! thumb.gif

Keep them coming!

:D
    Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2012
    How quickly things fall into decay. Nice shots. I was watching TV the other day, and they were talking about how quickly mankind,s footprints would be erased from the face of the Earth after we are gone. Your photos, after only 10 years, depict this.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2012
    Nice shots, it is amazing that something like this would be abandoned for such a long period of time without something new to take its place.
    It is also sad to see the old structures torn down to make way for progress.
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2012
    Thanks for the comments, yes indeed it is sad that old structures are been destroyed for new.
    With the same effort the old could be renovated.
  • Options
    jpope42jpope42 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2012
    Pretty great statement on the fragile nature of the built environment. Really good documentary, do you have more? It would make a really good photo essay.
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2012
    jpope42 wrote: »
    Pretty great statement on the fragile nature of the built environment. Really good documentary, do you have more? It would make a really good photo essay.

Yes , I do .... have a look at http://devierdes.smugmug.com/Architectuur/Urban-Photography/S-Fouquaert/21108567_Jj6QmW#!i=1679039113&k=KR6XpvG. You may use all the pictures in that album if you want.