Options

Storing my photos

zach30345zach30345 Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited January 23, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
So currently all my photos are on my mac but its now full and I backup through time machine, but I am thinking of getting two of the hardrives linked below so that way I can put all my photos on both of them so that way they backup each other, is this what most of you are doing?

link http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/818390-REG/Toshiba_E05A032BAU2XK_320GB_Canvio_USB_2_0.html

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2012
    I really prefer to use Internal Drives (and I prefer seagate or Hitachi) nothing smaller than 500gb upto 2gb and ThermalTake BlacX Drive Docks...they run cooler that external drives make no noise.... ... for me the all around best way to go ... I do all my storage in groups of 3... ... 1 working and 2 back up drives...for everything.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2012
    backup drives (internal or external) and backblaze.com.
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2012
    thank you for the replies, ill have to look into internal drives, and thanks andy for the link
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2012
    I have around 9 external drives each backing up a certain category (some for documents, some for images, some for video). Every file that I have backup is on at least 3 separate drives. Two drives at home and the third is offsite.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    NewsyNewsy Registered Users Posts: 605 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2012
    Bare 3.5" hard drives in a drive dock (like the Thermaltake BlacX). Multiple copies across several drives - one drive in a safety deposit box. And a small 2TB NAS for my kids to copy their photos to (from the family PC) which I back up to bare drives. And Smugmug.
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2012
    after researching many options and talking to BH, i have decided to go with 2 1tb external harddrives housed together and set them up as RAID 1, thank you for the help