Options

Mackenzie on Black

TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited January 24, 2012 in People
Well, I had a wonderful shoot with a great girl. We shot a beaded dress she wanted to wear and on a black background. Tried a few different things. Here is the first of the shots. I will post more later as I edit them. This was a one light photo. I lit her from behind and used a couple bookends to put the light on her face and dress.

JAS-2012013604-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited January 5, 2012
    Here is one in red.

JAS-2012013732-Version-2-L.jpg
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    Pretty girl with nice expressions.

Observations FWTW...

I think the pose in the first image makes her shoulders look rather large. The back lit hair is a bit too much for blonde hair for my liking and over powers the eyes which look to be a bit flat.

The pose in number two is very flattering although I would be tempted to crop the bottom of the image at the point where the curve of her backside ends at the dress. The eyes have a nice sparkle and the skin looks really nice to me. Nice!
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    She is a beauty.
    As mentioned, in 1 the light from behind is hot and uneven, need more light in the face.
    2nd lght looks hot overall and a bit harsh, maybe clone some of the wrinkles out of the fabric.
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2012
    thanks guys. I will look over the other shots and see what I have. I am shooting with her again on sat.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2012
    Here is another one from that shoot.

JAS-2012013640-Version-2-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2012
    And one more in red.

JAS-2012013918-L.jpg
  • Options
    lilirishangellilirishangel Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    The second one in Red is Killer, kinda reminds me of a pin up from the 40's in a way
    "MOTIVATION WILL ALMOST ALWAYS BEAT MERE TALENT." Anonymous

www.snaploonphotography.com
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    The second post in black looks just about perfect the last in red is just a smidge hot (lighting) :). If your are going to light from behind it looks unbalanced if you don't even it out a bit from side to side.
    I do like the harsh light but wonder... do you have any way to soften the light, might look even better.

Your model is movie star gorgeous, post more.
  • Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    The second in red is my favorite by far. It really shows off her beauty. Is that a one light set up too? A second light on her hair/shoulder camera right would really make it pop just a bit more, IMO.
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    I'm a sucker for eye contact. I love the second set's black image. The red one is really great, but I like her look so much more in the first one.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    What a stunner! I also thought pin up when I saw the red dress lol. I like the second portrait in you're post #6. She's has the slightest hint of a smile, Mona Lisa anyone? Great job on getting her hair right, to bring her face out, The only thing I see, is maybe shopping out some stray hair strands, but looking forward to seeing more of this lovely gal.
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2012
    Thanks guys.
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2012
    On black or white, I'm seriously crazy about this model and you show her off superbly.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2012
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I have been shooting her for about a year now. She is in college so I get to see her when she gets home. It will end this fall though for I fear the guys in Dallas will have a shot then.
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2012
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2012
    Thanks for the kind words.