Options

Some interesting LR3 presets

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited January 25, 2012 in Street and Documentary
But also some good notes from a street photog on HCB. The parody thread had me running off to look at more masterworks, and I found this in transit.

http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2011/08/10-things-henri-cartier-bresson-can-teach-you-about-street-photography/

Check out those presets!

And...since this is a photography forum, and I don't think any thread should be posted without an image, here you go: :dunno

6762738009_1ff9b92f4c_z.jpg

So dark...ugh.

Comments

• Options
    richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    I read Eric's blog too, but he's really more Bruce Gilden than anything. And this quote:

"Henri Cartier-Bresson never had much of an emotional attachment to his images. In the documentary I watched of him, they tried to surprise him by printing and showing him all of his classic and earlier work on the walls of the gallery they were interviewing him at. However HCB looked at them with little interest and told them that once he took a photo, he would simply move on and look for the next photo..."

I don't know which documentary he was watching, but the ones I watched it's clear that he loves his photos. May be not attached to them like "OMG. my best work ever," but I don't think the above sentiment is quite the story.
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    richardman wrote: »
    I read Eric's blog too, but he's really more Bruce Gilden than anything. And this quote:

"Henri Cartier-Bresson never had much of an emotional attachment to his images. In the documentary I watched of him, they tried to surprise him by printing and showing him all of his classic and earlier work on the walls of the gallery they were interviewing him at. However HCB looked at them with little interest and told them that once he took a photo, he would simply move on and look for the next photo..."

I don't know which documentary he was watching, but the ones I watched it's clear that he loves his photos. May be not attached to them like "OMG. my best work ever," but I don't think the above sentiment is quite the story.

This is good insight, richardman. Thanks. Without folks to clarify this stuff, it's easy to take things at face value on the interwebz. Also, Bruce Gilden? Ugh.