Options

Playing around...

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited January 26, 2012 in People
Still culling through this week's headshot shoot. Started tinkering with this image (which in no way, shape or form will work as a regular headshot unless she's marketing herself as "Lucia before the murder" :rofl) - no idea why, but something about it really drew me in and it seemed to lend itself to a few presets.

Or maybe I've just been staring at this set for too long and have lost any visual judgement I may ever have had ..................... :wow

C&C always welcome.............

i-zw7CfMc-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    I like it. She has a different expression than the others, which is a good thing. :) Also, Love the curve of her face and cheekbone as you have shown it here. Pretty!
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2012
    Thank you Miz H! I was trying to do that "back of the dress detail as well as the face" pose that you wonderful bridal shooters do all the time (we did some with downcast eyes as well), but it was really tricky. She's very long between head and bustline, and I was having trouble framing it so that

1. she didn't look too naked (because of the off-the-shoulder bits on the dress AND the fact it kept sliding down)
    2. She didn't get twisted-neck muscles bulging out (they're here in this, but the shading minimized it)
    3. She wasn't turned so far away from me that when she turned her eyes back, all we would get was the whites, with the irises jammed against the corners (not pretty!)

I was surprised how hard it was to make it work! Maybe it's easier from further back with a longer lens; not sure quite how to reliably get this one headscratch.gif....

In any case, I love this one although I know she can't really use it for submissions etc. I'm guessing she'll probably like it for her website or own use though, so I'll be including it.... :)
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    You had to know I was going to love this! :D

Really like the conversion tones too! Wouldn't mind seeing the eyes cast downward one. Bet I'd like that too.
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2012
    Again, make no case for these as headshots, although they are fun for website/posters etc. She hasn't seen her proofs yet, so no idea what she'll lean toward when she chooses - she LOVED the red dress in the snow and has been so sweet since the shoot. Feels great to know the client felt beautiful after the session! iloveyou.gif

Here's that first one with a more naturalistic treatment. I prefer the high contrast toned version myself, but just for fun:
    i-SjSjFWF-M.jpg

And here's the downcast eyes one (which has only gone through LR and hasn't had any PS love, so the hair needs cloning and a few other things. I should probably do something with her clavicle bone too, since it looks a bit odd to me....) The hotspot on her shoulder kinda bugs me too, but I could probably tweak that with a slightly different crop..............

i-WzMTq5t-L.jpg