Options

A bit different face & legs tones

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited January 28, 2012 in People
This was a picture with some serious afterwork especially to get the face and legs a bit in the same tone of color.
The face had extra make-up, so it was more orange then the legs.

Anybody having some good tips on how to make them have the same tone during the shoot ?
DSC7420-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    I have had to deal with issue at times because there was not a professional MUA at hand and I had to work with the model as is. That's not to say that this is the case here though but on one instance I had a young lady whose face makeup did not match her shoulders and arms much less her legs. If you have CNX2 I find this correction to be very simple using the Upoint technology associated with it verses going in Photoshop and creating layers. Simply drop a selection point on her face or vice versa and limit the selection to just the area you want effected. Use the selection with the appropriate filter to alter the color via hue and or saturation to best match the skin tones uniformly.
    This can be done quickly and effortlessly once you formulate the correct settings.

For pre work an MUA with great skills is necessary to avoid heavy post work.
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    More light on the face less light on the legs.
    Increase the exposure on this and the face tone may even out.
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2012
    Thanks for the tips...Will give it shot.. I still have NX2 somewhere
  • Options
    mariespurlockmariespurlock Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 28, 2012
    I think it is better to have a color correction after the shoot to achieve the desired result.. Though during the shoot proper lighting is key to have a good and even skin tone..
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2012
    I think it is better to have a color correction after the shoot to achieve the desired result.. Though during the shoot proper lighting is key to have a good and even skin tone..

Thanks, I do measure the light and with octa of 8 feet light is evenly distributed. Maybe an extra 1/3 stop beauty dish on the face might do it. I will try it.