Options

Another Try

PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
edited February 5, 2012 in Landscapes
Here is another shot from a newbie. C&C please
1024.jpg?md=1328123883000
Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
My flickr Account

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited February 1, 2012
    Lovely composition. The melange of colors is just superb. Nits are there's a bit of noise in the darker areas, and the image may be a bit soft. The yellows are still a bit hot and you lost some details there. Yellows are really, really hard to expose correctly so don't feel bad. They still look good overall.
  • Options
    PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    Lovely composition. The melange of colors is just superb. Nits are there's a bit of noise in the darker areas, and the image may be a bit soft. The yellows are still a bit hot and you lost some details there. Yellows are really, really hard to expose correctly so don't feel bad. They still look good overall.

Thank you KDog. I cropped the original and then played around in a trial of PS Elements 10. I am noticing my eye is not there yet. What I think it cool turns out is a distraction. I am taking a course with NYIP (New York Institute of Photography) which also has made this clear to me. I am working on training my eye the right way. I know that soon I will be taking some awesome shots like the rest of you. How would I bring down the yellows and still make them pop?

Again, thank you for your input.

Darryl rolleyes1.gif
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account
  • Options
    Logic 7Logic 7 Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited February 4, 2012
    In edit side of PSE10 try using enhance>unsharp mask and set amount to 235, radius to .05 and threshold zero and then let us see it
    Jeff
  • Options
    CrokeyCrokey Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2012
    You don't really have to do anything to make yellows pop! That's why they paint yellow lines on the street, they are extremely visible. Just reduce the luminosity of the yellow in PE, and they will still jump out.
  • Options
    Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2012
    I really like your color pallet, and your use of a small aperture to blur the background and just allow the color to come thru. My only nic would be try to pay close attention to the borders of your image. It may have required you to move closer of zoom in tighter or both but try to avoid cutting flower or leaves off or in half, it just makes a stronger image including the whole bud.