Options

Ireland, ADARE Village and area

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited February 10, 2012 in Journeys
On short notice we found ourselves going to Ireland, all $$ paid, to play host to the businesses that qualified for this award given by the company my hubby just joined.
The gallery is not yet complete, but it is a good start. I am making this available to everyone that was on the trip, about 30 of us. I admit I really played around with these during PP, a lot! I am sure a few will wonder why they didn't notice the skies being that blue!!!
A few of my favorites..

1. on the grounds of Blarney Castle, YES I kissed the stone !!
1189726392_GnTRF-L.jpg

2. Blarney Castle
1189726546_L22TW-L.jpg

3.Opposite view from the top of the castle
1189816683_y9gam-L.jpg

4.On the grounds of Bunratty Castle
That is my hubby way up ahead, carrying my camera bag lol
I LOVE this photo and how it turned out with some dramatic PP
1188696548_9Pyyh-L.jpg

5. Manor Castle in Adare, now a hotel.
1188900363_oQbD5-L.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• Options
    FishEyeJohnFishEyeJohn Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2012
    I love the 3. shot of the beyond the castle all the colours of the trees seem more like an oil painting, its truely mesmorising. Thanks fo sharing. Do you have any other trips available to share with us? I live in Cork Ireland, but am a regular visiter of Dublin, as we have friend located there (used to live there for 8 yearsish) If you fancy more country escape retreats I can recommend a few, theres Kettles Country House estate which is set in the most beautfil grounds, one of our favourites. Then Viewmount house offer free access for photogarphers as I have often shot in the grounds for wildlife shots etc, I even had an offer to stay there overnight when a friend purchased a deal for the weekend. And finally Tinkakilly is my favourite with its rolling hills and lakes dotted about. Beautfil to catch a few bird by the ponds.
    “ Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph. – Matt Hardy

“ You don’t take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2012
    What a surprise, I have been away from the forum for a while and finally able to spend more time browsing when I see ADARE in the thread for Journeys , to my surprise when I click they are my own photos, lol. There are a lot more from this trip in the gallery, thanks for asking, but it is the only trip that I have pictures from. Let me know what you think of the others. This was a company trip so some of the shots are intended for our travel group. Enjoy :)

http://cottageink.smugmug.com/Galleries/IRELAND-Champion-Homes-2011/15840284_9NkfFW

a few of my favorites....

1194226013_KQok7-L.jpg

1187767030_bB3Xz-L.jpg

1187764343_Zp5KD-L.jpg
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2012
    Would love to go there some day....love the look of Ireland.
    Thanks for sharing your shots.
  • Options
    FishEyeJohnFishEyeJohn Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2012
    zoomer wrote: »
    Would love to go there some day....love the look of Ireland.
    Thanks for sharing your shots.

Yes Ireland is a beautiful country! ;)

My favourite shot is no 2 of the church. The blurring and out of focus, true talent there!

wings.gif
    “ Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph. – Matt Hardy

“ You don’t take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams