Options

Light colored fonts

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited October 4, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
OK, chief curmudgeon, here. Think twice before using those light colored fonts, grey, white, and yellow. One dgrin option is to have white colored backgrounds (User Cp->Options, bottom of the page) I find white backgrounds a lot easier on the eyes. With this option set, the light colored fonts are very hard to see (impossible in the case of white).

Alternatives that work with all backgrounds are size, bold, underline, and those controversial emoticons.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    Rutt, maybe I am really dense here, but I like a black background, have a black background. I can understand that white would not show up on white, but what does my font color have to do with your background. In other words, when would my font color affect me with your background.

We are both using white fonts here. I cannot see grey at all on black, have to highlight it.

ginger (I may be slow here) and there.......
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Rutt, maybe I am really dense here, but I like a black background, have a black background. I can understand that white would not show up on white, but what does my font color have to do with your background. In other words, when would my font color affect me with your background.

We are both using white fonts here. I cannot see grey at all on black, have to highlight it.

ginger (I may be slow here) and there.......

It only matters when you expliclty select a different color for a font. If you don't try to do anything fancy, nothing bad happens.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2005
    You might also want to point out that changing your type to black is very hard to read on the default color set. I have noticed a couple people doing that lately.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto