Options

LR-4 Beta trial

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited February 14, 2012 in People
I am a Lightroom user since a long time, but now with LR-4 (Beta versie) one can do many nice things.
This picture was manipulated with LR-4 and is not an HDR. I used the different brushes.... really a great tool especially the changes made to the fill-in light option (is gone now, and replaced with withes, blacks and shadow options)

I did start with a well exposed picture, a bad starter picture can never be made to perfection. Not that this is a perfect picture.

I love LR :lust

Openbaargebouw-26-of-41-XL.jpg

Small town airport.
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2012
    Very nice. I have the LR4 beta, but can't bring myself to abandon my LR3. For one thing, I get weird distortion in the print module with LR4. I need to force myself to give it a fair try.

And M. Fouquaert, I owe you an e-mail.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2012
    Icebear wrote: »
    I have the LR4 beta, but can't bring myself to abandon my LR3.
    Abandoning LR3 for LR4 is not a recommended option at this stage. The LR4 public beta is intended only for testing with a small number of images and feedback to Adobe, not as a replacement for LR3.

Adobe has signalled that the final release may differ significantly from the beta. We won't know the full range of added functions and other changes to LR3 until LR4.0 is available. At that stage the usual 30 day trial period is likely to be available for evaluation before anyone need commit to LR4.

But there will be no compulsion to upgrade. LR3 will go on working into the future precisely as it does now.
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2012
    Nicely done... I jumped into LR4 for the 1st time 2 days ago... Love it...vast improvment
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2012
    Nice D3S. I like the subtle effects and a pristine photo. I love how you work the light. I've had a few issues with 4.0, but it's a beta lol. I never buy the first car off the assembly line lol.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2012
    Icebear wrote: »
    Very nice. I have the LR4 beta, but can't bring myself to abandon my LR3. For one thing, I get weird distortion in the print module with LR4. I need to force myself to give it a fair try.

And M. Fouquaert, I owe you an e-mail.

I have not tried the print module, seems like I need to do so..

Did it help icebear ? The CD... I assume that is the E-mail..
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2012
    Abandoning LR3 for LR4 is not a recommended option at this stage. The LR4 public beta is intended only for testing with a small number of images and feedback to Adobe, not as a replacement for LR3.

Adobe has signalled that the final release may differ significantly from the beta. We won't know the full range of added functions and other changes to LR3 until LR4.0 is available. At that stage the usual 30 day trial period is likely to be available for evaluation before anyone need commit to LR4.

But there will be no compulsion to upgrade. LR3 will go on working into the future precisely as it does now.

Indeed, that is also the warning from Adobe. I use both, LR4 for testing and I export all the pictures as DNG's so tat I can pick them up in LR3. I had a note that somewhere in March LR4 will be official. The book and worl location modules are a waiste (but that is my limited view rolleyes1.gif).