Options

Engagement Photo Shoot Giveaway for Valentine's Day 2012

bexwhitebexwhite Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited February 17, 2012 in Weddings
Do you know of any engaged couples residing in Colorado? In celebration of Valentine's Day 2012, I am giving away a free engagement photo shoot to one lucky couple. The couple must be over 18 years of age and residing in Colorado to win and it's extremely simple to enter. After much research, I have installed a Promotions app on my Facebook Page titled 'Engagement Photo Contest'. To enter, they simply have to send in a photo of themselves. Entries close at 12 noon on Valentine's Day and the winner will be announced at 5pm that evening.

Please spread the word!

Thanks,
Bex:lust

Comments

• Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2012
    bexwhite wrote: »
    Do you know of any engaged couples residing in Colorado? In celebration of Valentine's Day 2012, I am giving away a free engagement photo shoot to one lucky couple. The couple must be over 18 years of age and residing in Colorado to win and it's extremely simple to enter. After much research, I have installed a Promotions app on my Facebook Page titled 'Engagement Photo Contest'. To enter, they simply have to send in a photo of themselves. Entries close at 12 noon on Valentine's Day and the winner will be announced at 5pm that evening.

Please spread the word!

Thanks,
    Bexiloveyou.gif

Looks like a pretty neat app promo. I'd love to know how it turns out &/or if you'd recommend this to other photos for use. Does it cost you anything to use?
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2012
    Cindy wrote: »
    Looks like a pretty neat app promo. I'd love to know how it turns out &/or if you'd recommend this to other photos for use. Does it cost you anything to use?

Hi Cindy,
    This is the first time I've run a promo and it was really interesting to read about why you need to use an app instead of just running a promo by yourself. Facebook has been shutting down business pages from people running their own promotions without an app. I looked into a lot of them and the Wildfire App seemed like the easiest to use, and it was extremely user friendly. It cost me $14 to run a promotion for 9 days. My biggest concern is that people can be dubious to sign up with an app, so we'll see how it goes. I'll let you know once I've finished with the contest.
  • Options
    tropicotropico Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2012
    I will share the link on my Facebook page, got family and friends in Colorado! :)
    http://www.monicagarrett.com

Canon 5D MARK II, Canon EOS 450D
    Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 18-55mm
    Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 75-300mm, Tokina 10-24mm, Sigma 18-200mm
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2012
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2012
    Cindy,
    I have wrapped up my promotion on Facebook and all in all, it was a pretty easy and cheap promotion to run. I would definitely recommend using the Wildfire App to anyone that wants to run a giveaway or promotion on Facebook. It's kind of hard when you see a ton of photographers running promotions directly on Facebook, without using an app, but the alternative is that Facebook has the right to close down your page if you don't use an app.
    I think that next time, I will run a promotion from my blog and update my Facebook business page status with a link to my blog and see what kind of response that generates.
    Bex