Options

Edinburgh Castle and City Skyline

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited February 20, 2012 in Location, Location, Location!
Has anyone shot this scene? Baldy and I want to do an epic high-res pano that we can print huge for SmugMug's walls. We'll be there on March 1st, 2012. Does anyone have insight as to best locations to shoot from, etc?

We expect to get much more of the skyline in than that shot linked above.

Comments

• Options
    EyefulEyeful Registered Users Posts: 389 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    The best place would be imho Calton hill:

1151678883_dctu7-X2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2012
    Calton hill btw is epic in itself:1151684108_nVdbT-XL.jpg
    1151682232_kNVaP-L.jpg
  • Options
    stuffjunkiestuffjunkie Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    Interesting! I'm headed to Glasgow this week (mostly for family reunion stuff). Hope to make a day trip toEdinburgh. Hope to see a few other sights too. What do you think are the must see/shoot spots? I presume finding Calton Hill will not be a problem?
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    Eyeful wrote: »
    The best place would be imho Calton hill:

15524779-Ti.gif

The view from that locale is stunning. There are some distractions from that view but I don't know of a better spot.

EDIT: Another idea, if you could find some strings to pull, would be to get on top of one of the buildings on Princes St. or George St. I've never been on the roof of The Dome or in the tower of St. Andrew & St. George's but I'll bet the view great. If you could get on top of one of the commercial buildings at Princes & Frederick you'd be in business.
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2012
    Another possibility would be perhaps the hill called Arthur's seat. A short hike, but you should see from there Calton hill and the castle...