Options

Wisner Flight 4x5, a beauty!

l2oBiNl2oBiN Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
edited February 20, 2012 in The Other Guys
For sale is my Wisner Flight 4x5. A wonderful filed camera, with both long lens and wide lens capability. It has back, front and top rear focus. The standard leather bellows extent to ~480mm, allowing the use of a fujinon 450C, while at the same time, the top rear focus of the rear standard coupled with the interchangeable leather bag bellows, allow for usage of virtually any wide-angle that can cover the 4x5 format.

Further information on the Flight can be seen on the Wisner website (which is now not functioning) hence access can be granted via the Wayback Machine (internet website archiving database):
http://web.archive.org/web/20060324041104/http://www.wisner.com/flight.htm

here is some information form the archived wisner website..

"Named for the family boat of over a century ago, our new camera was designed to meet the demands of our busy traveling customers for an outfit which is compact and light weight, and as easy to carry as thier briefcase....

...The camera is a variation of our very successful Pocket Expedition, but with simplified front and rear standards. The camera retains full movements, including axis and base tilts on the front, base tilt and swing in the rear, and three forms of focus: front, rear and top-rear for wide angle lenses. The Flight only weighs 3.48 lbs, yet has triple extension of over 19" (480mm)"

I believe this was the last model Wisner ever made. It was an ultra light camera that was contained in its own suitcase. It was built for ultra portability. It weights only 3.5pounds/1.6kg! and yet it can handle a full range of focal lenghts from 450 down to practically whatever wide angle one can think of! Really amazing for such a lightweight camera!

The camera is in excellent condition, with no damage. There is single tiny pinhole in the bottom right third fold of the standard bellows. Should be an easy fix.

What is included;

The Wisner Flight 4x5 Camera
Standard Leather Bellows
Leather Bag Bellows
Four Wisner lensboards
Ground Glass Protector

Price 1100 + Shipping.

mmp0107.jpg
Here is what it looks like folded with the ground glass protector on.
mmp0108.jpg
mmp0067.jpg
mmp0066.jpg
mmp0065.jpg
mmp0064.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited December 7, 2011
    This rare beauty is still available

mmp0078.jpg
    mmp0077.jpg
    mmp0075.jpg
    mmp0080.jpg
  • Options
    TechNomadTechNomad Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 20, 2012
    Is this still available?
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2012
    On its way to Knoxville at the moment... if you are interested, I have some additional lenses that I am considering selling, as well as a beautiful Wista Field 45dx... please contact me via email.