Options

Quesitons:Epson 3880 Models

MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
edited February 20, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
So besides $300, what is the difference between the 3 models of the 3880?
I have looked at a couple of websites and the Epson site, and it is not obvious to me the difference between:

Standard Edition (CA61201-VM)
Designer Edition (SP3880DES)
Signature Worthy Edition (SP3880SW)

I am ready to take advantage of the $300 rebate, but need to figure out which one.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    stormyboystormyboy Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    Here's what I found on Epson.com under the "Features and Benefits" tab:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Pro/SeriesStylusPro3880/Overview.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes

Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Signature Worthy Edition

• The Signature Worthy Edition includes Epson's finest Photo and Fine Art papers. Designed for creative professionals, Signature Worthy papers deliver an incredibly wide color gamut, smooth tonal transitions, and exceptional black density.
    • Included Signature Worthy Media:
      • Exhibition Fiber Paper (8.5"x11" – 25 sheet pack)
      • Cold Press Bright (8.5"x11" – 25 sheet pack)
      • Cold Press Natural (8.5"x11" – 25 sheet pack)
      • Hot Press Bright (8.5"x11" – 25 sheet pack)
      • Hot Press Natural (8.5"x11" – 25 sheet pack)
      • Signature Worthy Sample Pack
    EFI® eXpress for Epson included with Designer Edition Bundles

• Easy-to-Use intuitive interface saves time and produces accurate output.
    • Print directly from the latest creative design software, or drag-and-drop files to a hot folder.
    • True Adobe® PDF and Postscript 3 print engine ensures compatibility with your design files.
    • Professional ICC color management, based on BestColor technology used in the commercial EFI Colorproof XF RIP offered with the Epson Proofing Edition Series.
    • Handles both CMYK data for accurate proofing to industry standards, and RGB data for exceptional results with Photography and Fine Art.
    • Reproduces accurate spot colors with the included PANTONE, DIC, HKS, and TOYO libraries.
    • True cross platform network printing via hot folder or eXpress Virtual Print technology.
    • Software supported on both Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
    • Includes Epson media support out of the box, and the ability to add custom media types.
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2012
    OK...I guess I missed the info.
    I do not believe I need the RIP at this time, and I do not need the paper at this point, so I will save the money for now.

Thanks,
  • Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    That is a great printer. You will love it. I have it's little brother the 2880. It is fantastic but likes the ink. The 3880 is much better in that area due to the bigger cartridges. Great choice in machines.
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2012
    Thanks
    I am looking forward to it. Now just to clear a spot for it.