Options

A Portrait (c&c)

justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
edited February 27, 2012 in People
So I am taking portrait photography and I was the photographer for our group last week (we rotate who does what) so I shot this.

i-LsdWBVP-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    This is quite interesting... I find it compelling but my attention is drawn to strongly to the back of her head & neck in the triangle of sorts... I would have adjusted the rim lighting to match the rest & given more detail on her lips ... There is a black hole there... I also think I would have cropped her just above the shinnies on her back & given her more space in front of her face...
    But I really do like it,,, really...lol
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    ...agree the light would have worked better more on the front and less on the back.
    I would like it as more of a silhouette with the lighting change, and a much tighter crop.
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    I think the lighting is very interesting and effective. But a tighter crop would be more striking, I think. It's almost more an abstract work (a shape study really) than a portrait, but that's certainly ok.
  • Options
    MWACMWAC Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 27, 2012
    I'm drawn to this one, but more as a study in shape than as a portrait as mentioned. I like the triangle/high light made by the hoodie.
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    I'm going to do one like this of me in a Speedo & post it... Heaven help us if I do.......lol
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    Laughing.gif. Thank you for the input everyone. I would do a tighter crop, but our teach wont let us post process.