Options

More motorbikes

gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited October 6, 2005 in Sports
I'd like to share a few more from Sundays race Stars at Darley, there were a few British Superbike riders there ( equivalent to AMA ) hope you like them critique
welcome

38560748-M.jpg
James Mcbride leading Richard Foxon

38533463-M.jpg
Glen Richards winner of race A & B New Champion of Stars at Darley and regular in British Superbikes

38533475-M.jpg
John Nissil Darley Moor Peak Cup Champion

38533421-M.jpg
John McGuiness Isle of Man TT lap record Holder

Thanks for looking
Gary

Comments

• Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    Hi Gary,
    Once again, nice clean shots. I like it when you have a race going on as in #1. There is more of a feel of action than single racer shots. I also like the fact that you can see the leaders eyes, looks so serious (which it is). I also like your capture in #3. Doing a wheelie and his angle looks so menacing.

Nice shots all,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    edited October 5, 2005
    Thanks Chris

Darley Moor is a small club track 1.5 miles but once a year we get some of the top british and Irish racers competing for Star at Darley the lap record was broken at almost 100mph about 53 seconds. Shot 3 i knew if i went onto the staight and pointed the camera at John he would pull a wheelie and look into the camera
    Hi Gary,
    Once again, nice clean shots. I like it when you have a race going on as in #1. There is more of a feel of action than single racer shots. I also like the fact that you can see the leaders eyes, looks so serious (which it is). I also like your capture in #3. Doing a wheelie and his angle looks so menacing.

Nice shots all,
    Chris
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2005
    So Gary,
    Do you know these guys personally? It seems that you are one of those people with the press tags and shirts getting to all the cool shooting spots. I rarely shoot sporting events, but I'm thinking it would be a good idea to learn how to get those press passes for those few times I do go.

There were a few places at the SuperMoto that I would have loved to shoot from, but the camera man was in the way. Imagine that, placing the TV camera in such placesheadscratch.gif.

Chris

• Options
    edited October 5, 2005
    No i am working on it, this track you can get within 10 feet of the action i have only had a DSLR for about 9 weeks and started photography about 8 months ago

Gary
    So Gary,
    Do you know these guys personally? It seems that you are one of those people with the press tags and shirts getting to all the cool shooting spots. I rarely shoot sporting events, but I'm thinking it would be a good idea to learn how to get those press passes for those few times I do go.

There were a few places at the SuperMoto that I would have loved to shoot from, but the camera man was in the way. Imagine that, placing the TV camera in such placesheadscratch.gif.

Chris
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2005
    gsgary wrote:
    No i am working on it, this track you can get within 10 feet of the action i have only had a DSLR for about 9 weeks and started photography about 8 months ago

Gary
    I'm impressed:wow. You'll have a great start. Keep motivated and you'll go a long way. I think it also really helps to know the sport you are shooting. I didn't know any of the racers or anything about SuperMoto. That will change by next year, but it would have helped get more intimate shots of the players.

Chris

• Options
    edited October 6, 2005
    I wish i had started when i was younger but motorbikes got in the way bit late to do it as a pro, I am going to have a look at courses at my local college, think i will stick with sport as main subject

Gary
    I'm impressed:wow. You'll have a great start. Keep motivated and you'll go a long way. I think it also really helps to know the sport you are shooting. I didn't know any of the racers or anything about SuperMoto. That will change by next year, but it would have helped get more intimate shots of the players.

Chris