Options

Need help, not sure if this is the right area?

Halp1986Halp1986 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 1, 2012 in Technique
I have a picture that looks like i have severe dark circles, i tried using GIMP can someone possibly lighten/fix the photo for me it's one of the best pictures and my favorite, could someone possibly lessen their appearance or make them disappear i tried cloning/healing/etc, with gimp without much success. Im also new, could someone give it a try. Thanks to whoever will try/do it for me.... and my apologies if this is the wrong section to ask this in, im new here. so i just posted under a topic that was closest to i could find.... Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2012
    Can you post the original photo, preferably in a larger size / higher resolution? There really isn't much to work with here.

Also, the dark circles are really just shadows, as the face is backlit. It ca be corrected somewhat but not without some funny artifacts, particularly working from a JPG of this size. I attached a quick hack.
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2012
    Nah, sorry, i lost the original awhile back, because i haven't really used the picture for long time, and i was always trying to fix the picture cause i thought it was dark circles with shadows, just do what you can, i'll try and FIND the original though. Thanks.

Can you post the original photo, preferably in a larger size / higher resolution? There really isn't much to work with here.

Also, the dark circles are really just shadows, as the face is backlit. It ca be corrected somewhat but not without some funny artifacts, particularly working from a JPG of this size. I attached a quick hack.[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2012
    Original Pic
    Grainbelt wrote: »

I keep my pictures on photobucket which i forgot about... and here is the original, let me know if you can do anything?
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,799 moderator
    edited March 1, 2012
    I know that there is a popular notion that Photoshop can do wondrous and magical things to recover images, ala CSI television episodes and such.

The reality is that on TV and in the movies they start with an extremely high quality original and then degrade that image into something fuzzy, returning to the original high-quality image after make-believe TV/movie "processing".

The only thing that someone could do with this image to improve it dramatically would be to "paint" everything back in. It would become a painting or a "rendering", with the original guiding the work. If that's what you want then you should take this image original to an artist and have them paint you.

Another approach is to take this original image to a professional photographer, and have them photograph you with controlled lighting, but trying to duplicate this expression and pose. If you want a true photograph with this expression, that is my recommendation.

BTW, you're the "spitting image" of the son of a friend of mine, and he's a good looking kid. thumb.gif (That's a compliment. :D)

Edit: Oh, what the heck. I'm a Texan too. I'll help you out this time, but this is the best I can do:

i-NKSDqzN.jpg
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums