Options

rumor: canon triple rebates coming

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited October 6, 2005 in Cameras
several boards are reporting that canon will once again have the 3x rebates coming out this month. looks like amazon leaked it accidentally, as reported on dpreview. the link there gives you access to a spreadsheet, you can calculate your savings :lol3

i'm not a big fan of rebates - but if you do the canon program right, they've always paid me. as always, follow the instructions (when it's announced) from the canon website and double-check your paperwork...and make copies of everything.

Comments

• Options
    ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    andy wrote:
    several boards are reporting that canon will once again have the 3x rebates coming out this month. looks like amazon leaked it accidentally, as reported on dpreview. the link there gives you access to a spreadsheet, you can calculate your savings lol3.gif

i'm not a big fan of rebates - but if you do the canon program right, they've always paid me. as always, follow the instructions (when it's announced) from the canon website and double-check your paperwork...and make copies of everything.
    I always have the worst luck with rebates. Never get em. Needless to say, I just bought a used 20d and have plans for an 85 f1.8, which maybe could have saved me a lot of money, but the hassle and uncertainty isnt worth it.ne_nau.gif
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,210 moderator
    edited October 5, 2005
    Rebates work, if you give them their due.
    Bought my Canon stuff in July. I went by the suggestions of others and entered my info at Canon's rebate site to pre-register. Then mailed it all in with everything I was supposed to. For extra measure, I took pictures of everything going into the envelope as they were going into the envelope. I also took a picture of the envelope front at the post office after they affixed the dated first class postage label. All bases were covered.

I went to the rebate site every week, and took note of where my rebate was in the four stages of processing. The day it said "mailed," I had my $100 check in the box out front. Total time took about 5 weeks.

However, the Tamron rebate (also took many pictures) only took 9 days from the date I mailed it, to when I held the $30 check in my grubby little fingers. That's gotta be some sort of world record.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    HubcapHubcap Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 5, 2005
    How long do these rebate programs usually last? I'm just itching to buy the 20D with a couple of lenses, but my wife wants me to hold off til December. This might just be the best reason for getting what I want in a couple of weeks!

thumb.gif

-ron
  • Options
    tom etom e Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    Hubcap wrote:
    How long do these rebate programs usually last? I'm just itching to buy the 20D with a couple of lenses, but my wife wants me to hold off til December. This might just be the best reason for getting what I want in a couple of weeks!

-ron
    as i recall last year, you had until dec. 31 to purchase (but i'm not 100% certain of end date)
  • Options
    T(h)orstenT(h)orsten Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    Does anyone know if the Canon tripple rebate is available for internatational customers when buying (via web) from the US?

Thanks,
    T(h)orsten
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2005
    here ya go......................

http://www.vanguards-guild.com/canonrebate.pdf

andy wrote:
    several boards are reporting that canon will once again have the 3x rebates coming out this month. looks like amazon leaked it accidentally, as reported on dpreview. the link there gives you access to a spreadsheet, you can calculate your savings lol3.gif