Options

Poseidon

justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
edited March 5, 2012 in People
So I am starting a series of Greek Mythology god shoots. I shot the first one yesterday of Poseidon. This was shot at Pescadero State Beach (California). Used a Gradual ND fileter and an Alien Bee B800 Strobe.

poseidon-44-L.jpg

poseidon-102-L.jpg

poseidon-115-L.jpg

poseidon-121-L.jpg

poseidon-136-L.jpg

poseidon-159-L.jpg

poseidon-198-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    Looks like a fun idea.
    I like 4 the best, his head area looks too dark in that one, if that area were lightened up to be the center of attention maybe it would work better.
    What time of day did you shoot this?
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    4 and 6 does it for me.

Not a fan of the others, but only because I was raised with the old gods.. and watergod has always been introduced to me as a Norse man.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    6 is my favorite. If this is a series, I'd expect all the shots from each shoot to have a similar feel (or at least similar processing). Your colors and processing are all over the place, which strikes me as odd. Also, if you're shooting with the AB, why use the graduated ND filter too? Seems like you lose control that way. Instead, use your shutter speed to control how dark the background sky is, and use your aperture and strobe power to control how much light is on the foreground. I wold only use a graduated ND filter if I were shooting landscape where I needed to darken the sky but couldn't (or don't want to) add light to the foreground.
  • Options
    justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    Wanted to do a little bit of experimenting. I will be shooting several other god in the near future, using some for my class final. Shot this around 330ish