Options

Need help with Photoshop CS4

PorcupinePorcupine Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited March 6, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
Just spent over 2 hours on the phone with Adobe. Got cut off twice, and did not have my question answered. For some reason, my computer has kicked my color profile over to Adobe RGB instead of sRGB. This has resulted in a grey cast when I have my images printed. Adorama's color lab alerted me to this problem, once I complained about the color of my prints. When I go under "edit" in Photoshop, and then to Assign Profile, and check off Working Profile (sRGB) or Convert to Profile (sRGB) it will not hold. When I try to edit another photo, and then check that setting it has defaulted back to the Adobe RGB. Not sure how to get that setting to hold. Anyone have any thougts on this?? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited March 2, 2012
    I think you are just changing the color space for the current photo, not the default. Go to Edit->Color Settings and set the working space there to sRGB.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2012
    ok so I checked what you said, and it was set to sRGB.... hummmmmmheadscratch.gif For some reason it keeps defaulting back to Adobe RGB.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited March 3, 2012
    Have you checked your camera settings? Perhaps it's putting out Adobe RGB tags. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    JimClarkJimClark Registered Users Posts: 305 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    ditto on the camera settings
    "Christianity, if false, is of no importance,
    and if true, of infinite importance. The only
    thing it cannot be is moderately
    important." C. S. Lewis
    http://www.photosbyjimclark.com/
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2012