CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
edited March 8, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
Criticism is always welcome.

Arizona-falls-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    Having something in the background besides the usual nature scene makes this an unusual image. The fact that it is impossible to figure out what it is adds to the intrigue.

So... what is it?
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2012
    Ryan, Phoenix is full of irrigation canals. At one of them, there was a natural waterfall because of an elevation change. Some years back it was turned into this.
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    I agree with Ryan .. this is intriguing :D Definitely makes one sit and look it over. I like it thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2012
    Thanks, Mary. It's prettier in color but less involving.
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Thanks, Mary. It's prettier in color but less involving.

I think your choice of going BW is perfect for this thumb.gif
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    Neat, Cornflake... thumb.gif
    Rags
  • Options
    FishEyeJohnFishEyeJohn Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2012
    I agree this is a stunning shot, not only does the water look delicate and light as air almost Ghostly haunting the back drop draws the viewer into the photo, making them stop and think for a second.

thumb.gif

Here is a shot form a vacation I went on last year with my partner to Western States, it was beautiful we stayed in a log cabin tucked up away in the pine wood forest. There were several streams/rivers running through the main area and we used to stroll and not see anyone, so relaxing. I purchased a deal from this website for the trip, not sure the same holiday deal is on now but Im sure there may be other ones on similar to this one on the Irish site. If not always try lastminute.com that has more a variety of holiday deals.
    “ Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph. – Matt Hardy

“ You don’t take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2012
    Rags, thanks.

FishEyeJohn, thanks, and that's a beautiful place. There's a certain magic to moving water.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2012
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Rags, thanks.

FishEyeJohn, thanks, and that's a beautiful place. There's a certain magic to moving water.

Yup. It makes me want to find the closest John... :D(I couldn't help myself)
    Rags
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2012
    lol Thanks for the comments, I do think there is a certain magic to moving water, I could stare at it all day long!

:ivar
    “ Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph. – Matt Hardy

• Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2012
    It's a rather ghostly image - as if I am looking at a ship sinking. Very moody and one that is interesting to look at. I think this is really cool!!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2012
    Thanks very much, Eia. Go by there sometime.
  • Options
    rojam1000rojam1000 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2012
    nicely done great composition
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2012
    Eia wrote: »
    It's a rather ghostly image - as if I am looking at a ship sinking. Very moody and one that is interesting to look at. I think this is really cool!!!!!

What a wonderful way to describe this photo, clap.gif