Options

Fotowork Studios

imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
edited March 8, 2012 in The Big Picture
I don't know that it would matter to anyone here, but I'm proud of the co-op we've built in little, old Abilene, Texas. I'm curious, is anyone here a member of a photo co-op? If so, tell me what your is like... what do you like best? least? wish you could change? would NEVER change?

Here's a shameless plug to our little piece of photo co-op Heaven:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/mar/03/no-headline---steve_ellinger_photos/
Blessings,
Marjohn

Images of Him Photography

Comments

• Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    What a cool concept. I'd love to be part of something like that in Austin.
  • Options
    marionetmarionet Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    Great idea and thing to set up! I've never been part of a co-op, but I know of something that's sort of similar- Industria in NY http://industrianyc.com/ . It's a large commercial rental studio that was set up about about 20 years ago. I think there's another one in Italy. I don't know anything about it in the last 15 years but people who used it considered themselves as part of the Industria community. There was a bar with sort of salad-bar food and some talk about making it into also a kind of community arts center. When they started, they were very good at PR and happy to talk with anyone who wanted to talk; maybe they still are and might be happy to talk with you about their experience and maybe give you some ideas.
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2012
    What a cool concept. I'd love to be part of something like that in Austin.

It took us less than 5 months to get it up and going--and that's in Abilene! I think you could pull this off in Austin in a heartbeat! (I lived in Pflugerville for quite some time...)
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

• Options
    edited March 8, 2012
    marionet wrote: »
    Great idea and thing to set up! I've never been part of a co-op, but I know of something that's sort of similar- Industria in NY http://industrianyc.com/ . It's a large commercial rental studio that was set up about about 20 years ago. I think there's another one in Italy. I don't know anything about it in the last 15 years but people who used it considered themselves as part of the Industria community. There was a bar with sort of salad-bar food and some talk about making it into also a kind of community arts center. When they started, they were very good at PR and happy to talk with anyone who wanted to talk; maybe they still are and might be happy to talk with you about their experience and maybe give you some ideas.

Thanks for the info! Obviously, that's on a much LARGER scale than ours, but I like the concept of equipment rental and that's where we're headed, too!
    Blessings,
    Marjohn