Options

Where u at? share ur site address, so we can boost each others counter

dwvr_photographydwvr_photography Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited October 6, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
well ive just relaunched my photo site, trouble is the new site has very little traffic... and nothing is more embarrising then a single (going on double) gidget counter.
so have a peak and ill return the favour.
(you show me yours, ill show you mine:wink )

ill start this then: www.dwvr.photos.us.com

c`mon:thumb

Comments

• Options
    OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2005

well ive just relaunched my photo site, trouble is the new site has very little traffic... and nothing is more embarrising then a single (going on double) gidget counter.
    so have a peak and ill return the favour.
    (you show me yours, ill show you minemwink.gif )
    Well....name....

My first impression of your home page is....busy....
    I like the Top Photos idea...but "of all time" throws me off. I wasn't sure if I was looking at the "top photos of all time which you took" or the "top photos of all time"....not a big deal.
    I hate the google ad page....ads really throws of the professional artist image you want to give off. You wouldn't have a google ad on your photo, so why have it on your homepage? Money talks, I guess...
    I like your photos. Obviously, you have an eye for abstract, and you know how to use your camera to get the pictures you want.
    Looks like you have great enthusiasm and I can't wait to see more pictures as you learn and grow.

Check out my site below and tell me what you think. I'm pretty new to this picture taking thing....lol
    Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • Options
    dwvr_photographydwvr_photography Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 31, 2005
    My first impression of your home page is....busy....
    I like the Top Photos idea...but "of all time" throws me off. I wasn't sure if I was looking at the "top photos of all time which you took" or the "top photos of all time"....not a big deal.
    yea, its a free site so i cant change much, but ill see what i can do.
    I hate the google ad page....ads really throws of the professional artist image you want to give off. You wouldn't have a google ad on your photo, so why have it on your homepage? Money talks, I guess...
    once again this is a free site, so i dont have a choice, but the adds used to be at the bottem, out of site. ill see what i changed.
    I like your photos. Obviously, you have an eye for abstract, and you know how to use your camera to get the pictures you want.
    Looks like you have great enthusiasm and I can't wait to see more pictures as you learn and grow.
    aww, chuksrolleyes1.gif
    im getting a d-slr soon so stay tuned...
  • Options
    OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2005
    d-sir....lucky...clap.gif
    Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2005
    I looked at your site
    Hi David,
    I took a look at your site. My first impression was, "Eeek red." So much emphasis on the commercial stuff and very little on the pictures. I like clean and simple and professional.

I can't help but wonder why you don't get a Smugmug site. With a discount coupon (available on my site) it would be about $24 a YEAR. That's about $2 a month. Almost free! And so much nicer.

Your pictures are well done. I admire your restraint in only posting a few very good shots. Your abstracts are well seen. With the new DSLR you should be able to do great things. Keep posting them here on dgrin and think about a Smugmug site for sure.

Snappy
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    audiaudi Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2005
    takin a peak...
    nice photos man.

you can find me at

www.austinbphotography.com

thanks
    "See how willingly Nature poses herself upon photographers' plates. No earthly chemicals are so sensitive as those of the human soul. "
    -John Muir

http://www.austinbphotography.com

Nature Photographers Community
    Founding Member
    http://www.smugmug.com/community/NaturePhotographers
  • Options
    DragonflyDmDragonflyDm Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 5, 2005
    My sites are

Photo business www.dragonflydigitalmedia.com
    Site I run about the photo business www.photonomics.com
    Site I am building to help hurricane survivors www.photos4humanity.com
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2005
    My sites are

Photo business www.dragonflydigitalmedia.com
    Site I run about the photo business www.photonomics.com
    Site I am building to help hurricane survivors www.photos4humanity.com
    Just so you know, most of your links don't work on www.dragonflydigitalmedia.com. Thought you would want to know.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    rsi1986rsi1986 Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2005
    Love the site. Your Natural World gallery in particular. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see more photos in the future. My link is in red under my name, and comments (good or bad) are welcome on my site.
    Stimulating the economy one lens at a time. :super
    Robert A. www.imaginglifestyle.com

• Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2005
    Okay I boosted your counter

Pretty nice site but agree with previous comments about busy'ness and commercial links.

Nice flower shots. Plumeria flowers?? That's what they were in Hawaii, I think.
    482018000596.jpg
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2005
    I think the one thing you will learn about your website, is that it is like photography, the more you work at it and put time into it, the better it gets.

Mine still needs a lot more work. But I am a photographer, not a website guru. Any critics welcome.

www.mcleod.smugmug.com
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me