6834688534_65aef0d819.jpg
    Untitled by SoulfulRecover, on Flickr

No one that interested? Are they bad?
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2012
    No one that interested? Are they bad?

No, they're not that bad. rolleyes1.gif

A little lest space above their heads in the second one might be better...but that's always a subjective thing.

The one thing I didn't like in the 3rd one was the subject on the left is looking up. Her eye just seemed a bit odd to me. Had they been looking at each other they would have appeared to be more "connected".

I like the last one (your second post) the best.

I've been trying to get my wife to sit for me again, it's been way too long. I could use the portrait practice, and it's fun too. :D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    AlTheKillerAlTheKiller Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2012
    Someone else pointed out that in the third photo it looks like she is looking to her right with just her eyes and it looked creepy. I never noticed it till then and now it's bugging me. I think it's just her eye lashes so when I have the time I'm going to load it back into photoshop and see if I can fix that.

Also the lights were cheap hot lamps. I really wish I could afford strobes. couldn't find my diffusers either so I had to swap in some frosted bulbs that were a lower wattage and use my reflector like a diffuser for the main light.
  • Options
    djamesdjames Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2012
    I like #1 the best for the simple reason the shadows created some depth. The lighting on the rest made the images feel flat to me.
    http://www.djames-photography.com
    In this great big world around us, we will find what we are looking for! What we do with it is up to us to decide.
    Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Zuiko 14-45 Zuiko 40-150 Sigma 50-500 Zuiko 18-180 4-AB800 strobes, 1AB-400 stobe, 4 softboxes, brolly box, umbrellas etc.
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2012
    I think it's just her eye lashes so when I have the time I'm going to load it back into photoshop and see if I can fix that.

I went back and looked at the large file...I think you're right, it's just the eyelashes, but in the smaller shot it looks like her eyeball is looking up.

I have a set of 3 Alien Bee's....but don't get to use them nearly enough. :cry
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    AlTheKillerAlTheKiller Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2012
    Jeffro wrote: »
    I went back and looked at the large file...I think you're right, it's just the eyelashes, but in the smaller shot it looks like her eyeball is looking up.

I have a set of 3 Alien Bee's....but don't get to use them nearly enough. :cry

why not send them my way deal.gif