Options

828 Reflections

damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
edited June 28, 2004 in Holy Macro
Got my 828 in April and have loved it since...I still like the Nikon but there's definitely a difference in what I can achieve. Tools are great...

3553884-L.jpg

3546718-L.jpg

4351477-L.jpg

4351456-L.jpg

4351467-L.jpg

4351457-L.jpg

3515966-L.jpg

3623764-L.jpg

4435062-L.jpg

4495436-L.jpg

4725055-L.jpg

4725042-L.jpg

4495435-L.jpg

Only new stuff from now on...

Comments

• Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2004
    Damon, you are incredibly talented.
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2004
    Wow, thanks Seamaiden!
    Seamaiden wrote:
    Damon, you are incredibly talented.
  • Options
    DewrGleisionDewrGleision Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    Damon, was there much fog/smog/stuff between you and the sun in that straight-up sun shot? Ive used my f828 to shoot right at the sun, and suprisingly, they come out pretty good and clear! I love that 828, too! Have you figured it out completely yet? Im still trying to figure some of the "exposure" settings out... Not shutter speed or aperture or white balance or anything like that; I mean that weird "OEV" deal... If I had more memory and cards, Id take more bracket shots; the one where its three shots at three different "OEV" levels with a ratio of like +/- .7 or whatever you set it to... That seems to be the only thing thwarting me from taking more vibrant pics in seemingly high-light situations...

Beautiful shots though! Camera works pretty, nice, eh?! mwink.gif Who cares what the photographer is doing! :D J/K!!! Dont hurt me!!
    He who throws dirt, loses ground...
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2004
    There is so much smog in Shanghai...I have trouble breathing most days. It makes LA look like Banff.

As far as the OEV, it makes the exposure lighter or darker, negative is darker, positive is lighter. If you sense that your shot needs some tweaking but don't want to change the shutter or the aperture, use oev. You can monitor the channels in the live histogram to see where your lights and darks are. It's a huge help...use it.

And yeah...it's the camera! Haha....

Good luck and thanks for the compliment...

~Damon
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    Oh Damon... looking forward to everything you post... fantastic shots.. makes you feel like you are just there.
    Lynn
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2004
    Thanks Lynn...that's what I'm aiming for. Yay!
    lynnma wrote:
    Oh Damon... looking forward to everything you post... fantastic shots.. makes you feel like you are just there.
    Lynn
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2004
    Just great stuff, damonff. You really have a talent.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2004
    Thank you Sid. I appreciate that.
    wxwax wrote:
    Just great stuff, damonff. You really have a talent.
  • Options
    DewrGleisionDewrGleision Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2004
    Hmmm, but how do you manipulate OEV in full manual mode? Is it that you can only experience differing values if you use the braket mode? That really eats my meager memory lot, so I tend to stay away from bursts and stuff like that...

I love the guy on the bike with two trees in the fog behind him! Thats an awesome shot! Im guess ing you were shooting in aperture-priority mode and messing with OEV yourself, right?
    By the way, I had already kinda figured out what OEV was, after it had confounded me a couple times in Italy! Ive tried the whole raising the ISO manually thing, but its just so freakin noisy at even 200! You remember from the cat, right? The incredible Fuzz has been speckled! I guess it really is the sharpness, then as I have it on normal... Down to low then, eh? I guess it makes sense.

Hey! Enjoy a Dim San (spelled correctly? the pastries and stuff... My Chinese friends have only told me, never written it down...) for me, will yah?! I wanna go to China, too! I hate to pry, but you wouldnt happen to be a caucasian, would you sir? The Chinese family we are long-time friends with usually tells me not to go alone or without a Chinese-national with me... I think theyre paranoid. Theyre from an island called Xiamen (I think it was an island, right?...)...

Keep shooting, though, because luck and/or fate usually has it to have the best shots appear when youre on your way out, catchin' ya with your pants down (happened to me in Italy [I have the excuse of running out of memory, though...]!)! Thanks for sharing, definitely!
    He who throws dirt, loses ground...