Options

Need help with SPANISH...

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited March 17, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
ready to deliver a cd to a family that just had a Quinceanera and I need help with titling the CD....the help I need..
1- which is correct:
A- Quinceanera for Laura or
B- The Quinceanera of Laura ???

2- I need the correct title translated into proper Spanish.

Thanx in Advance....
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,933 moderator
    edited March 14, 2012
    In Spanish: La quinceañera de Laura. (Note the ~ over the n--it's important).

In English, dunno, but I'd write Laura's 15th birthday.

HTH.
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2012
    Thank you so much...and I have the ~ over the n as that is how I copied it off a website about Quinces but Have no clue as to the keyboard short cut to do it...

Thanx again....CD is done and doing final burn of label...
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2012
    I knew Richard would help even before I opened the thread!

I found this on an internet forum (tested it an it works fine):
    ñ
    control-shift-~, then n for the ñ, or
    control-apostrophe, then e for é.
    Such shortcuts are a few screens down at this link, which also gives other methods.

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/InsertSpecChars.htm
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2012
    Hello family,

I am creating your disc this week. And I would like to verify the wording with you on the cd. Would it read.. La quince.......Laura, or would you like Tito say something different.

Thanks
    Art

THat might be your safest way to determine:)
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2012
    Hello family,

I am creating your disc this week. And I would like to verify the wording with you on the cd. Would it read.. La quince.......Laura, or would you like Tito say something different.

Thanks
    Art

THat might be your safest way to determine:)

Mark...

That was my first option....this thread was my last....since Mom,Dad, Aunts and Uncles do not speak English, I have to communicate with the 15 yr old girl and she doesn't reply back sometimes for ever....so 1st was a half dozen texts explaining all this and how important it was to get right back to me....but I wound up here and now it is done and mailed....

Ace Thanks for the link....I have a guide to punctuation used for some languages just not Spanish ... ... so thanks again for the link.

I am gl;ad to have posted here as the translation Richard gave me was way different than what the online translation service gave me.....those services nearly got me into trouble translating English to Czech, lucky for me I also sent the English along in the letters and that was software that supposedly our Govt uses for translating ...