Options

slideshow for youtube

yooperdooperyooperdooper Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited March 19, 2012 in Technique
hello:i want to make a 78-pic slideshow for youtube.i suppose it would be considered an ad.i want to draw the viewers to my website. thanks

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,791 moderator
    edited February 21, 2012
    ProShow is the software that I depend upon to provide the greatest flexibility in timing and transitions, moves and control.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2012
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    ProShow is the software that I depend upon to provide the greatest flexibility in timing and transitions, moves and control.

Same here. Photodex Proshow is the tool I have been using for four years. Great tool. Yooperdooper, if you need help I sent you a message.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2012
    youtube
    i attempted to download photodex proshow.i was looking for either a free download or a 30 day free trial.they kept diverting me to another product.could someone give me a link to a website for this. thanks
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2012
    to lifeinfocus
    how much do do charge for your services?
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2012
    i attempted to download photodex proshow.i was looking for either a free download or a 30 day free trial.they kept diverting me to another product.could someone give me a link to a website for this. thanks

You can download it from this page http://www.photodex.com/proshow/producer

It may put a watermark on the images, not sure, during the trial.
    Phil
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2012
    how much do do charge for your services?

I don't believe this forum would like us to discuss business etc. in the forum. See my website at www.LifeInFocusExpressions.com and there you will see contact information.

Phil
    Phil
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2012
    lightroom
    i have been advised by people from another site to use lightroom to create my slideshow.should i use photodex instead.which is most trouble free? thanks
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2012
    i have been advised by people from another site to use lightroom to create my slideshow.should i use photodex instead.which is most trouble free? thanks

There is a learning curve to both. Proshow though is dedicated to photo videos as I call them. Whereas Lightroom is primarily for processing photos.
    Phil
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2012
    slideshow in elements
    awhile back i created a slideshow in elements 7. when i used"output" to convert it into a movie the pictures became blurry in the movie.i dont know if there was sound.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2012

Proshow is partners with SmugMug, you can do this right from your SM site http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93375
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2012
    do i need to meet pixel dimension requirements or other requirements for my photos submitted to prow show photodex?
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,791 moderator
    edited February 27, 2012
    do i need to meet pixel dimension requirements or other requirements for my photos submitted to prow show photodex?

Yes and no.

If you intend to do any zooms or slides you're much better off to leave the images at full resolution. Depending on the aspect ratio and orientation of the originals versus the video dimension you may even want to upres some images and/or recrop prior to import into ProShow.

Just download the demo from the link that user "lifeinfocus" provided and give it a try. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2012
    proshow
    does proshow software for slideshows have a requirment for pixel dimensions?
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2012

The answer to your question is NO, but you'd be better off using high res photos. The finished product from ProShow works just like a regular commercial video. It will resize the video to the screen it is being displayed on. If you use low res photos for your slide show, it will look pixelated when viewed on a large screen. Hope this answers your question.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2012

Simply put, the higher the quality the photos the better the results. If you do any cropping or zooming or your photos, or use a Proshow Style that does it for you, you will want higher resolution (more pixels) to get great results.

Phil
    Phil
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2012
    resolution
    i have tried 640x427 and 2336x3504 both with a resolution of 100 and the pics in the slideshow were blurry.any specific suggestions on how i should set the dimensions and resolution?thanks
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2012
    i have tried 640x427 and 2336x3504 both with a resolution of 100 and the pics in the slideshow were blurry.any specific suggestions on how i should set the dimensions and resolution?thanks

Upload a photo and lets take a look. Was the photo initially in good focus, what was f/stop (depth of field), ISO setting? Number of things to determine quality of a photo.

Resolution deals with print quality versus image of photo on a screen. This link has a pretty explanation: http://www.photoshopessentials.com/essentials/image-quality/
    Phil
  • Options
    2mo2mo Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2012
    The new proshow producer 5 is awesome. Best compression with the most file formats of anything out there. I own apple compressor with final cut studio and still go to my windows pc to use producer for ease of use and quality of transitions. They really improved the product with version 5. The plugins you can purchase are great. Had a last minute pro-bono show for a family of a 15 year old girl that past away. I got all images from her Facebook and I literally had the show done in 45 min and to the funeral home.
    Hope this helps.
    J. Tuminello
    Tuminello Photography
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2012
    pixels
    i read the artical.it was good.should i sett the pixel dimensions for the computer monitor or the printer?this artical was geared for the printer thanks
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2012
    i read the artical.it was good.should i sett the pixel dimensions for the computer monitor or the printer?this artical was geared for the printer thanks

Set if for the monitor.
    Phil
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2012
    2mo wrote: »
    The new proshow producer 5 is awesome. Best compression with the most file formats of anything out there. I own apple compressor with final cut studio and still go to my windows pc to use producer for ease of use and quality of transitions. They really improved the product with version 5. The plugins you can purchase are great. Had a last minute pro-bono show for a family of a 15 year old girl that past away. I got all images from her Facebook and I literally had the show done in 45 min and to the funeral home.
    Hope this helps.

Yep! I am on the beta team. There were 17 major categories of changes to Proshow. The interface is completely new, publishing options expanded including upload to Smugmug gallery, GPU ( graphics card) acceleration allowing it to speedup playback and reduce jitter/jerky playback and more!
    Phil
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2012
    youtube
    hello:i finaly resolved the pixel dimension problem for the slideshow i made in elements 7.its not necessary to set the domensions for each individual picture.during the output step there is an option for setting all pictures to 768x1024.this also took away the blurines that i was getting
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2012
    youtube
    eated a slideshow in elements 7 that i am pleased with.i want to upload it to youtube but im not sure where it is located on my computeri got a pop up telling me"your slideshow has been saved and is located at the top of the photobrowser.the photobrowser is the area where your photos are displayed either one at a time or in thumbnails"thanks
    "
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2012
    photoshop
    ello:i created a slideshow in element 7 and attempted to e-mail it to friends but i got an error message stating that it was greater than 10240 kb.......i would like to resize it in photoshop but slideshows are different than pictures to edit.photoshop wont let me open the slideshow in the editor.thanks john
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2012
    ello:i created a slideshow in element 7 and attempted to e-mail it to friends but i got an error message stating that it was greater than 10240 kb.......i would like to resize it in photoshop but slideshows are different than pictures to edit.photoshop wont let me open the slideshow in the editor.thanks john

Slideshows (video) are very large files, sending it via email will not work. Upload it to YouTube or if you have Smugmug account upload it to a gallery and then send them a link.
    Phil
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2012
    youtube
    by the way,i sucsessfuly created a slideshow in elements 7-75 pis with music and succesfuly uploaded it to youtube.thanks for all the help! check out macdonald photography on you tube!
  • Options
    PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2012
    Dvd?
    Don't mean to hijack, but been looking for same info recently. Will this software, or the Smugmug connected version, allow me to then burn a DVD of my show? Considering the $30 personal use version for family and friend stuff. 20-25min shows with music and maybe a short video clip or two.

Thanks,
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2012
    Don't mean to hijack, but been looking for same info recently. Will this software, or the Smugmug connected version, allow me to then burn a DVD of my show? Considering the $30 personal use version for family and friend stuff. 20-25min shows with music and maybe a short video clip or two.

Thanks,

If you are talking about Photodex Proshow Producer or Gold, yes you can burn a DVD or Blu-ray.
    Phil