Options

Blue Angels NAF El Centro

scottcolbathscottcolbath Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
edited March 19, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
I forgot to put up some pics from my day on base at NAF El Centro for a Blue Angels practice a couple weeks ago. This was prior to the start of their season. We were allowed on base for the afternoon practice at flight center.

IMG9494-1-XL.jpg

IMG0323-XL.jpg

IMG9563-XL.jpg

IMG0429-XL.jpg

After that, we hung out at the end of runway 26 for a while and then were shuttled over to hangar 5 where they maintain the fleet.

IMG9664-XL.jpg

IMG0462-XL.jpg

S.C.

Comments

• Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2012
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2012
    Absolutely stunning set. Razor sharp.
    #2, #3 and #4 are the standouts for me.
    You can just feel the power in #2!! Great timing
    #3 is jaw dropping for me ... the symmetry is compelling and then you have the twist of one plane being tack sharp whilst the other has motion blur. Wonderful.
    Really, really enjoyed this set ... thank you for sharing.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2012
    I love air show season.... Go Blue.... Nice shots... they are in my town today & tomorrow... zoom zoom zoom...
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2012
    Outstanding set! Hard to pick a favorite but I actually really like the last one, with the mx guy on the jet. I do agree with Ace about the sharp/blur look of #3.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    scottcolbathscottcolbath Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    Thaks for the comments. I split up the shots between my 7D and 5D Mk2. I also tried to slow down and think more before shooting with the 5D, simply because it's not a "spray and pray" shooter like my 7D. I think I will start doing more of that, as it seems I got some decent shots just by slowing myself down and thinking more about a shot before I took it.

When I first got that 5D last year, I was not exactly thrilled with it. Then I started thinking more and pressing the shutter button less, and that has provided me with better shots overall. As a result, I tend to reach for the 5D a lot more now.

S.C.