Options

Unfamilar Territory

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited March 19, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
I have someone interested in either.

A: Purchasing some of my work.

B: Displaying it for a period of time at their venue and turning it over with new stuff if it doesn't sell every few months.

Conditions are it must be original/never been sold,they have also asked for a price list.I could use some clarification on the ( original/never been sold part) :scratch a majority of it hasn't been offered for sale and none of it has ever been sold.

Any advice and input would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    For the best assistance I might recommend more details. What type of venue are we talking about? What are the demographics of their clientele? What kind of foot traffic are we looking at? How much space will be available? Have they ever done this before, and if they have, what kind of success did they have? What are the proposed terms of this agreement?

As to original.......If ( I know you did) you took the photos they are original. As for never being sold before I think they are trying to further define original and ensure the images are not stock images or images obtained from a commercial source.

As for being sold, if you haven't sold any you have your answer, but even if you have sold a few I would tell them "I am a small independent photographer and while I have and do sell images the quantities of the same image being sold are very small. It would be highly unlikely your clients would ever run into a duplicate of any image they purchased from your venue.

Sam
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    Sam wrote: »
    For the best assistance I might recommend more details. What type of venue are we talking about? What are the demographics of their clientele? What kind of foot traffic are we looking at? How much space will be available? Have they ever done this before, and if they have, what kind of success did they have? What are the proposed terms of this agreement?

Thank you for for your response ! What it is, an employer has a upscale so called loft ,that is used for business clientele and friends to stay at while visiting.According to the employee who is looking after this for her employer either buys them outright or displays them.Apparently they write a blurb about the photographer and usually sell something once a month. I don't know much about the clientele or to many other details at this point.

As to original.......If ( I know you did) you took the photos they are original. As for never being sold before I think they are trying to further define original and ensure the images are not stock images or images obtained from a commercial source.

This is very helpful to know thanks.

As for being sold, if you haven't sold any you have your answer, but even if you have sold a few I would tell them "I am a small independent photographer and while I have and do sell images the quantities of the same image being sold are very small. It would be highly unlikely your clients would ever run into a duplicate of any image they purchased from your venue.

Really appreciate the advice!

Sam

Haven't set up any meeting with them at this point.

Thanks again!