Options

Sulfur anyone?

Mathieu05Mathieu05 Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
edited April 2, 2012 in Landscapes
While driving home from my field work, found this place very interesting. Looks like Sulfur. C&C are welcome.

7004962267_e1e4d43d11_b.jpg
Sulfur Mountain by Chris Odchigue | Photography, on Flickr
Chris Odchigue | Photography

“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.”

Comments

• Options
    CrokeyCrokey Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2012
    YELLOW!!!!! I hate to state the obvious, but that is one hell of a yellow. It's either sulfur like you said or someone just melted down a 1000 canaries. glibness aside, I really like the simplicity of the composition and the little rusted shack adds another element of otherworldliness to the scene. It's not often that a totally empty sky works so well as it does here.I would be tempted to crop the frame in quite a bit from the left of the shack, as that empty space next to it kind of leads the eye out of the frame.
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2012
    If SOOC, this would have been perfect for the DSS#98 Challenge!

thumb.gif

Don

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited March 22, 2012
    Looks like sulfur? The smell should tell you. Wild shot, I'm digging it. There is a processing halo around the rusted shack that should probably be touched up to make it perfect.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2012
    Smells like Sulfur to me, that's why i checked my H2S monitor just to make sure it's not lethal. on the right side of this one, looks like an abandoned mining hole. i never stayed long in this area, Just to be safe. Thank you Colin for the crit, Thank you too Don and Thank you Joel btw i processed this with my Photomatix.

“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.”
  • Options
    canghuixucanghuixu Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2018
    Deleted
  • Options
    Stella7dStella7d Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2012
    Cool shot! I like the bright yellow against the vivid blue sky! Not sure I could've held my breath long enough to take a shot here....sulfur stinks!
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2012
    Thank you guys :)

• Options
    NedZNedZ Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    Fascinating. Did it stink a lot?
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2012
    oh yea! Big time Stinky :) , i didn't stay there for long... Thank you Ned!