Options

Upload Problems? Solved

dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
edited June 28, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Disregard. I'm guessing the servers are overloaded this weekend. It took about 20 min to show up on my site incase anyone else is having the same problems.

Dave

Comments

• Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    Disregard. I'm guessing the servers are overloaded this weekend. It took about 20 min to show up on my site incase anyone else is having the same problems.

Dave
    Yeah...I noticed that too (20 minutes and 2 duplicate sets later) :D

I remember Baldy saying that Sunday nights are especially rough on the servers. Now I got to experience it first-hand.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited June 28, 2004
    Yeah...I noticed that too (20 minutes and 2 duplicate sets later) :D

I remember Baldy saying that Sunday nights are especially rough on the servers. Now I got to experience it first-hand.
    Yeah, our image processing is 99% idle except on Sunday nights when the crush comes.
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    Yeah, our image processing is 99% idle except on Sunday nights when the crush comes.
    Lightbulb! thumb.gif I bet you could reduce image processing time by half if you put a note on the Upload page that says Sundays are peak times and images could take up to 20 minutes to appear.

I for one, submitted the same set of images twice until I remembered your comments. I'm sure others are doing this as well. And remember, it's using bandwidth on upload and CPU power on the photo creation/deletion.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2004
    Lightbulb! thumb.gif I bet you could reduce image processing time by half if you put a note on the Upload page that says Sundays are peak times and images could take up to 20 minutes to appear.

I for one, submitted the same set of images twice until I remembered your comments. I'm sure others are doing this as well. And remember, it's using bandwidth on upload and CPU power on the photo creation/deletion.

I did the exact same thing thinking that I had screwed up somewhere along the process. I know its an easy process, but I was on the phone with work while editing & uploading so it didn't have my full attention.

Dave