Options

Anna....

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited March 24, 2012 in People
Working on a couple shoots...in the meantime here are a couple of Anna from last year.

1172279812_bgrH3-O-1.jpg

1157616672_Wnjya-O-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    Start with she's gorgeous.

HMMMM let's see, hair over the eye, brick wall not blurred, arm over the head and bare belly showing. Could you tell I'd like this one a lot? clap.gif

I like the treatment in # 2 but it appears a bit soft to me. Intentional?? It could also be my eyes since I just got back from the opthalmologist and my eyeballs are numb.rolleyes1.gif
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2012
    Thanks John,
    Yes Anna is a sweetie. She recently finished second in the Miss Idaho pageant, smart and classy.....what? you didn't get that from the first shot :).

I have never received much response from any of my shots on this wall...I have shot a lot of pretty girls there...I like them anyway :).
    Glad you like it.

The second one looks ok sharp to me, kind of a different look for me with the stronger flash. It was about 20 degrees when we shot this brrrrr.....
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    Have you ever tried adding a feathered black vignette to the brick wall shot? I think I would really like it that way. Not that I don't now, it's just that the focus isn't forced on the subject as it is.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    I can see what y'all are liking in #1, but for me, as a gal, the pose just looks uncomfortable - like she's having to really "hold" herself against the wall. YMMV... :) Also, I feel like there's about to be a wardrobe malfunction - she is very close to lifting up out of that bikini top.... :giggle I do like the use of the wall itself - John, the reason I think this works is because it's uniformly lit and darker than the subject, thus doesn't distract from her.

I really like the lighting/mood in #2 thumb.gif
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    #2 is a beautiful shot. Seems much more polished and thoughtful than #1. And looks sharps to me too.
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    I can see what y'all are liking in #1, but for me, as a gal, the pose just looks uncomfortable - like she's having to really "hold" herself against the wall. YMMV... :) Also, I feel like there's about to be a wardrobe malfunction - she is very close to lifting up out of that bikini top.... :giggle I do like the use of the wall itself - John, the reason I think this works is because it's uniformly lit and darker than the subject, thus doesn't distract from her.

I really like the lighting/mood in #2 thumb.gif

Totally agree about the wardrobe & pose in #1... My first response was "she forgot" something. Like maybe a shirt. It just seems a little less sexy and a little more out of place. Not quite boudoir. Disclaimer: I am fully aware I am not a guyrolleyes1.gif, so I understand how it appeals to some. ne_nau.gif In a side note I absolutely LOVE how she is holding her hand. What a feminine hand pose!
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2012
    -#2 rocks for me.thumb.gif

On the first Im siding with Diva and Heather on the pose. Looks un-natural and uncomfortable for me too. It's the arm over the head I think. Also, since she is looking out of the left side of the frame Id prefer seeing ALL of the negative space on that side of the frame.

Id like to see you shoot a little more parallel to the wall. Shooting perpendicular to walls generally makes me think "firing squad"! rolleyes1.gif

She's gorgeous. Where do you find these gals? I have been toying with the idea of finding some gals on Model Mayhem for some concepts that are rolling around in my noggin.
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2012
    Appreciate the comments....what...none of you have ever seen a girl stand like this while waiting for a bus??? :)

Girls contact me and ask if I will shoot them, I get a picture, if they would add positively to my site I shoot them.
    Some of them are friends of friends. I met a few of them when I shot their senior pics. I tell them to get back with me when they turn 18 if I want to shoot them again.

I used to find girls on MM but not so much anymore. The flake to follow through ratio seems to have gotten much worse in the last couple years.