Options

What if they want MONO

fuse101fuse101 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited March 28, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi all, i cant seem to find a way for clients to change the images to mono. Im uploading all the images from a wedding in colour and would like the option for the client to select black & white....

Cant see this option anywhere.

Anyone help?

PS - Sorry, just realized im in the wrong section. Doh.....

Im new, what can i say.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 25, 2012
    What if they want MONO
    Hi all, i cant seem to find a way for clients to change the images to mono. Im uploading all the images from a wedding in colour and would like the option for the client to select black & white.

Cant see this option anywhere. Do i have to upload a duplicate set in Mono?

Anyone help?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2012
    Yes, we don't have that built-in. So you'd want to do your own conversions to B&W, which would always be better than some system conversion anyway thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    Yes, we don't have that built-in. So you'd want to do your own conversions to B&W, which would always be better than some system conversion anyway thumb.gif

Whats the best way to do this then with the gallery?

Is it possible to have two folders in the gallery, Colour & mono - they then select the one they want to view.

Or will it be a case of uploading 300 colour images and then 301 is where the monos start?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2012
    If they want to order pic #1 as a mono then have them send you and email, do the conversion and upload ...set the proof delay to what you need on that gallery also to allow to have this done... ... this is what worksfor me but I really don't sell thru my site...it is jst a proofing site for my clients...I self fulfill thru my LOCAL PRO LAB that I have been using for over 25yrs...

HTH.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2012
    Art has one good idea, especially to have the gallery set to Proof Delay. If you want to have your clients see each image in color then bw side-by-side, I would first set the the gallery to sort by filename, then upload to the same gallery both the color and the bw versions. Give the bw versions the suffix "bw," and they will then be seen one after another in both color and bw. When someone makes the order you can do your fine finishing, then replace it with a highly finished version before releasing it to the lab. You could do it this way whether you used SmugMug's available labs, or had your own local lab the way Art does it..
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2012
    Thank guys. I have decided to upload two sets of images and name them like this:

Test_001
    Test_mono_001

I have then arranged by date captured which puts them side by side, For me, its not ideal but at least it shows my conversions.

Thank for help