Options

Stuck in the Middle!!!

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited March 28, 2012 in Weddings
I know I shouldn't....but...once I got started I found it hard to stop!

A couple rule breakers...

1-
0071-XL.jpg

2-
0070-XL.jpg

3-
0037-XL.jpg

4-
0030-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    Pretty! I like three the most, and would have liked it even more if her arms had formed a triangle shape by being spread out and away and down onto the windowsill. But her body and gown also form a triangle, creating leading lines, and obviously you understand the rule of thirds enough to know when it's ok to break it.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    smurfy wrote: »
    Pretty! I like three the most, and would have liked it even more if her arnms had formed a triange shape by being spread out and away and down onto the windowsill.

Oooh... good one Smurfy! :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited March 8, 2012
    Smurfy said it better than I could've :D
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2012
    zoomer wrote: »
    I really like 2 & 3, nice balance and light.

Of the shots shared here #2 actually required the most PP. I processed two versions of the RAW file. One with exposure and white balance for interior and one for exposure and white balance of the exterior. I really wanted to show off the romantic live oaks outside the door, and the chandelier inside the door....and of course the bride's silloutte! In photoshop, using masks, I combined the two versions into one.
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2012
    Looks like some new-to-me folks here in "weddings".

Welcome to dgrin smurfy and sphynge!:D
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2012
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    Looks like some new-to-me folks here in "weddings".

Welcome to dgrin smurfy and sphynge!:D

Laughing.gif, where have YOU been lately? ;-)
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2012
    I like two the best...love the colors. Also like one...nice. Not liking the arms out the the side, and not liking the arms on the hips. I don't think, on her happy day, that hands on the hips conveys, I'm feeling good.

Anyways, nice to have you back...to long away...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2012
    Laughing.gif, where have YOU been lately? ;-)

I was waiting for the lens flair fad to die off. eek7.gif

Is it safe? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2012
    Ed911 wrote: »
    I like two the best...love the colors. Also like one...nice. Not liking the arms out the the side, and not liking the arms on the hips. I don't think, on her happy day, that hands on the hips conveys, I'm feeling good.

Anyways, nice to have you back...to long away...

Hiya Ed....

Thanks for commenting.:D

I much prefer the first two shots to the second two. The end result on 3 and four is a bit abstract for my tastes. But. If we aint experimenting we aint learning right?thumb.gif

I met with the bride today. She is choosing #1 for a print. I am glad she fell for that monotone. Being the sucker I am for that look I am sure Ill be able to please her come the wedding day. These were from a bridal session.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2012
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    Hiya Ed....

Thanks for commenting.:D

I much prefer the first two shots to the second two. The end result on 3 and four is a bit abstract for my tastes. But. If we ain't experimenting we ain't learning right?thumb.gif

I met with the bride today. She is choosing #1 for a print. I am glad she fell for that monotone. Being the sucker I am for that look I am sure Ill be able to please her come the wedding day. These were from a bridal session.

All are executed well. And you are very right about experimenting. I've recently been thinking that same thing.

I had to laugh when you said that you were waiting for the lens flare thing to pass...lol...me too.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    TEAMKENTEAMKEN Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2012
    Nicely done!
    2 and 3 are my fav.
    Ken
    Canon-Elinchrom-Skyports
  • Options
    avangardphotoavangardphoto Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2012
    I like this pose too. Here is my take on this. I know it overdone but clients like it so why not.

Avangard-Photography-11.jpg