Options

6 Month Old Boy

GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
edited March 29, 2012 in People
MG6645.jpg

I know some photographers get a nervous twitch when they hear or see selective color, but I couldn't resist on this one. :D

The settings was something like 24-70mm @ 45mm, F8 @ 1/200th. Flash set to F4.0, the room was small so I only had the single flash present.

Not much was done in photoshop other than cleaning up a couple scratches he gave himself and getting rid of the velcro on the cloth diaper.

Comments

• Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2012
    If you like it, to heck with what the "photography intelligentsia" thinks about something.

Personally, if used judiciously, I like selective color (as do some paying customers) and the snobs can be damned.

Nice image, not wild about the expression but that is purely a matter of taste.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2012
    Great capture! The tie in color certainly works here. Love the expression too,very nice job, congrats.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    lilirishangellilirishangel Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2012
    very cute picture I think the selective color is wonderful for this
    "MOTIVATION WILL ALMOST ALWAYS BEAT MERE TALENT." Anonymous

www.snaploonphotography.com
  • Options
    mjoshi123mjoshi123 Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2012
    cute capture and edit except snake like eyes. Was it done by purpose in edit ?
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2012
    I normally sharpen eyes, looks better when printed. :) I printed this as an 11x14 but it looks a bit dark compared to all my monitors, for some reason I cant get spyder3 to work for me, its always off a bit. :) The next batch I send to whcc will have a curves action applied to see if that helps with the brightness. :D