Options

HS Play- The Wizard of Oz

nitewagnitewag Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited March 29, 2012 in People
Both my son and daughter were in a high school play of the Wizard of Oz , so of course I had to try to take some pics. The constantly changing lighting drove me crazy but here are some of my favorite shots.
IMG5611pp-M.jpg

IMG5589pp-M.jpg

IMG5645pp-M.jpg

IMG5605pp-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2012
    Nice shots.....the constant lighting change is both challenging and fun :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    CMAldridgeCMAldridge Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2012
    I've done a fair amount of theatre shooting. Your shots came out nice! One thing I do is ride the metering mode switch. It's one of the primary reasons I went to a pro level body, individual switches for fast changes.

You have to read the scene and the lighting, and find what light you want to meter in the scene. I find theater shooting too quick for manual settings. Actors step into and out of their light in a flash, and the lighting composition can change greatly. Sometimes you also have to ride the exposure composition for lighter and darker materials (ie the witches costume, I would probably spot meter on her face which would take care of the black costume by itself)

However, again, it looks like you got a pretty good knack of it!
  • Options
    jdfaithjdfaith Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2012
    Very nice. Ironically, our school also did The Wizard of Oz and our two youngest performed in it. Shooting in a school theater certainly poses challenges, though the lighting was pretty good through the various scenes. A couple from ours:

i-vPWFnJ8-L.jpg

i-fWGMNp3-L.jpg

i-wXZSqFV-L.jpg