edited April 22, 2012 in People

Comments

• Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    I am so glad I can ask "dumb' questions here. I don't have a fancy phone with internet connections,but I do have a Kindle Fire, can I use aps on that, or would I have to upgrade to a notepad or something like that?
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    I think it depends which platform(s) the app is written for, ie iOS =/ android =/ kindle. Can you search the Kindle app store and see if it's there?

That article is an awesome taster - OH how I wish I'd had that last week when I was doing all those full-height shots which made me CRAZY trying to pose her atrractively!!
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    Diva,

It's not showing up at the Apple Store yet. Let me know when you see it.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2012
    Not sure about iPad, but I got it this morning and it's on my iPhone. I accessed it via the phone rather than the computer. ne_nau.gif

Quick scan through it just now - there's nothing in there to blow your mind or that you haven't heard before, but the info is rock solid, and the line-drawings of poses will be super helpful for me when I feel like I"m stuck and/or have somebody who needs a lot of help. For $2 it's worth the download (especialy if they'll update it with even more ideas in subsequent releases).
  • Options
    Moving PicturesMoving Pictures Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    Not sure about iPad, but I got it this morning and it's on my iPhone. I accessed it via the phone rather than the computer. ne_nau.gif

Quick scan through it just now - there's nothing in there to blow your mind or that you haven't heard before, but the info is rock solid, and the line-drawings of poses will be super helpful for me when I feel like I"m stuck and/or have somebody who needs a lot of help. For $2 it's worth the download (especialy if they'll update it with even more ideas in subsequent releases).

It might help to have that sorta thing to show clients, as in, I wantcha to look like *this*.
    Newspaper photogs specialize in drive-by shootings.
    Forum for Canadian shooters: www.canphoto.net
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    Got it. It's in the iPhone section but fits the iPad.

Not a bad 2 bucks worth.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2012
    It might help to have that sorta thing to show clients, as in, I wantcha to look like *this*.

nod.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    Still learning but I will try it.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2012
    A little more female posing info based on images from the app:
    http://www.digital-photography-school.com/21-sample-poses-photographing-female-models
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2012
    This second link is right on for posing, great find.
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2012
    I think you can download that on the iPod Touch. I have the 32 gig version, so I just might try and download it tomorrow.

I have what might be a legal question. Would it be ok to take a photo of a photo or diagram from a magazine or book with a camera phone? If there would be no problem with this, this might be an option for those who don't have the apple products that can download this app. Just a thought.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2012
    Samples of the male poses from the same app
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2012
    BroPhoto wrote: »
    I think you can download that on the iPod Touch. I have the 32 gig version, so I just might try and download it tomorrow.

If you have an iPod Touch, the iPhone app works! I downloaded it and it works! The thing I find usefull for this app is to be able to copy the ones you like the best, and save them in favorites. Then all you do is click on the Favorites link at the bottom and all the poses you selected are displayed. Saves a lot of time to finding them.

Thanks Diva for pointing this app out! When I downloaded this one, I also got a few of the others as well. Some of them use actual photos.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2012
    And here's the third segment on children:
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR