Options

Last time I shot a performance

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited April 3, 2012 in People
Well, this was the hardest performance I've shot. Not just the lighting, but from where I had to shoot from. Not only was he lit by a spot light (sometimes colored) but also by red and blue overhead lights, which you can see in his hair and shoulders mostly. The good thing was the backdrop and sides were black curtains. I was put in the band pit, which I had to shoot looking up. I'm looking for constructive C&C as to how to deal with this situation should I run into it again. Should I leave the color cast of the skin as is, as this is how he appeared, or should I attempt to correct it to look more natural.

010810-94-L.jpg

010810-65-L.jpg

010810-75-L.jpg

4. This is a poster I made that I'm thinking of printing to 20x30 to see how it looks.

Brad-Crum-poster-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    ricstewricstew Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2012
    I would have to correct the skin tones a bit........he looks a tad too oompaloompa.......
    cheers
    Jan
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2012
    This is one of those cases where I would spot meter off of his face and ignore the black background first off for an optimal exposure and preferably while the brightest lights are on him. Secondly, timing us everything...why would you try and correct a skin tone when an orange or red light is shone on him? If you don't want that wait until the white light is on him then shoot...concerts should be about the ambiance IMHO...
    Thirdly, shoot RAW ...you'll find shadows and blacks much easier to pull details if needed.....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2012
    BTW...the last image is my fave :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo