Options

Faces & Spaces - 6 Images

jkisserjkisser Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited April 5, 2012 in People
I took some photos of my grandparents after being inspired by Zack Arias and his 'Faces & Spaces' personal project.

I wanted to capture them in ways that I remember them as a kid staying at their house during the summers.

C&C welcome. :thumb

Gram by her front window.
IMG_2761.jpg

Portrait:
IMG_2791_1.jpg

Papa in his chair:
IMG_2767.jpg

In his workshop:
IMG_2857.jpg

Portrait:
IMG_2810_1.jpg

On their porch swing:
IMG_2900.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Moving PicturesMoving Pictures Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    The only thing that I can suggest as an improvement is with the workshop picture. It is static, as I see it. I would liked to have seen an image where he was doing something - cleaning, filing, putting tools away ....
    Newspaper photogs specialize in drive-by shootings.
    Forum for Canadian shooters: www.canphoto.net
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2012
    Good thoughts Moving Pictures! I'll definitely keep that in mind when I go back to take more. I would've liked to have been able to take more this time, but he was just coming off a TIA (mini stroke) and he used just about all the energy he had left over to get these shots. I didn't want to push too hard. Once he's back to 100% I'll go back for round 2. thumb.gif
    The only thing that I can suggest as an improvement is with the workshop picture. It is static, as I see it. I would liked to have seen an image where he was doing something - cleaning, filing, putting tools away ....
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    I like the concept and you executed it fairly well......if we are trying to remember loved ones as they are/where I would suggest capturing them doing the things they do much as MP suggested....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2012
    Thanks. I did get a few of my gram doing things that I always remember her doing. Like this one for instance:

She was always at her craft table making something.
    IMG_2842.jpg

She used to play catch with me a lot too. I would stand out in the yard and she would throw a tennis ball to (at) me.
    IMG_2881.jpg

And one last one, because what could be better than still being in love after 61 years of marriage?
    IMG_2826.jpg

reyvee61 wrote: »
    I like the concept and you executed it fairly well......if we are trying to remember loved ones as they are/where I would suggest capturing them doing the things they do much as MP suggested....
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    Well, I'm not disagreeing with other commentors, but I just love the shot of your granddad in his shop as is.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2012
    Thanks Icebear!
    Icebear wrote: »
    Well, I'm not disagreeing with other commentors, but I just love the shot of your granddad in his shop as is.
  • Options
    fjcvisualfjcvisual Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2012
    These pictures tell a nice story. Any technicalities aside I was touched by the composition of the images and in the end the emotion you evoke is what matters. Good job, and I also like the workshop photo, you can see he is proud of it.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2012
    Priceless....
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2012
    Thanks for your feedback everyone!
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2012
    2 & 4 (high key shots) need to be toned down abit for me. But I really love the Americana feel of these. A very nice project that you' ve executed very well. I can see most of these in a magazine on America.