Options

Fun with nifty fifty

PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited April 7, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
Saw an RC air show near the house this weekend. Rode out there on bicycles with my son and shot the whole thing with the 50/1.8 on my 1DIII. Recently passed the 20D onto son with a Tamron 70-300 and he had a blast. Showed him what a Macro setting is, and he went to both extremes. The detail on these planes is amazing, as is the knowledge of the 'pilots'.

Corsair with fold up wings, retractable gear, slide back canopy, and nav lights on each wingtip.

RC-Air-show-040112044-L.jpg

RC-Air-show-040112024-L.jpg

Old Baldy--a modified B-25 from the Pacific theatre. Pilot Rick knew everything about it and its service history.

RC-Air-show-040112029-L.jpg

Wings folded for parking on the carrier deck.

RC-Air-show-040112041-L.jpg

Detail was amazing on these.

RC-Air-show-040112020-L.jpg

Note the exhaust burns down the engine cowling.

RC-Air-show-040112008-L.jpg

I was ready to buy tickets for a ride in this monster. I overheard that this pilot's real job is training our military in flying UAV's. A lot of them are based at Creel, just out of Vegas. When you drive that highway you are likely to be buzzed by a drone in training.

Fun morning of shooting.

Comments

• Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2012
    Nicely done! I keep going back to #3 as that is my favorite of them all. With the low angle it almost looks like the real thing! Did you stick around to get a shot of the last one in the air, how about the others?

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams