Options

'LOVE' - Light painting at a wedding

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited April 7, 2012 in Weddings
I've seen light painting used lots but never done it and hadn't ever thought of doing it at a wedding. After watching a video on Kelby Training where David Ziser used it I thought why not give it a bash. The couple were game for a play and were really amazed at the result (they hadn't ever seen light painting so were just excited by the whole thing LOL).

I know it's not perfect but it was a bit of fun.

6953865679_2410967b30_b.jpg
Wedding Light Painting by Mark Smith Photography UK, on Flickr

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    That is a neat idea for sure. Bet it's a lot easier and more fun when they are open to trying things like that too!
  • Options
    fjcvisualfjcvisual Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    what a great idea!!
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2012
    Wow, that worked out really well. Nice capture. I haven't seen that anywhere before. Was the word, love, your idea, or is that in the Ziser video?
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2012
    ZBlack wrote: »
    That is a neat idea for sure. Bet it's a lot easier and more fun when they are open to trying things like that too!

Wish I could say it was my idea Laughing.gif, but yes, a good laugh.
    fjcvisual wrote: »
    what a great idea!!

Ed911 wrote: »
    Wow, that worked out really well. Nice capture. I haven't seen that anywhere before. Was the word, love, your idea, or is that in the Ziser video?

I have to admit I stole everything from him, but thought best to play it safe the first time out.

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    avangardphotoavangardphoto Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2012
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2012
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2012
    Thanks, unfortunately there wasn't a chance at this weeks wedding so hopefully on the next one to try it out again.